Thursday, April 16, 2009

Feeling "Disjointed"

After I had Bailey, I had joint pain and went to the doctor for it. After some blood tests, a scary waiting period thinking I could possibly have lupus and a visit to a rheumatologist...it went away and remained undiagnosed.
After Luke, the same joint pain returned, same funny results came back in my blood tests and it went away again.
Now...it's not going away. Body aches started a week and a half ago, but I just attributed it to strep. All my strep symptoms are gone, but my joint pain remains. The pain in my hands is the worst. My fingers tingle like they are falling asleep and they are very hard to move. It feels like I have tight rubber bands around my fingers and I have to stretch against the bands to move them.
So, I went back to the doctor yesterday and they are again, running an ANA and CBC. An ANA is an Antinuclear Antibody test, that helps screen for autoimmune diseases. This is the same test that I have tested positive on, twice before. The CBC is just simply a look at all aspects of my blood. What they are most interested in, is to check for inflammation.
I can't wait to hear from them and see what they say, this time. All I know is that it hurts to walk and I'm having a really hard time holding Presley. If she's crying or fighting me, it puts me into tears, because it hurts so bad.
Whatever this is, I hope it gets figured out. Quickly.

8 comments:

McKell Anderson said...

Oh my gosh Leeann, I hope you receive some relief soon. I am praying for you.

Erin said...

Ugh, pain. Not a big fan of it. I hope they find something soon. I know how awful it is not knowing what is going on with yourself.
Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers..

Stacy said...

Oh my gosh! I read that with my mouth wide open. I've had the same things after having both of my kids. Can't close my hands tight, and cry out in pain when my feet hit the floor in the morning. I was tested for lupus and other inflamatory diseases and they never came up with anything. Luckily mine is starting to go away now. Hope yours does too. If you find out what it is, let me know, because I was seriously starting to think I was crazy! Good luck

Tinabean said...

Oh I'm so sorry to hear that you are in pain.
I hate it when you don't know what the problem is.
It's way to hard to be a mom & in pain I hope that everything comes back ok & it is just something minor & a easy fix.
My thoughts & prayers are with you!

Rachel said...

Yikes! I hope it is an easy fix!

suebug said...

Why am I founding out about all this on the computer?!?!?! Honey- if you need some help...please call me. I want to help you. That is so scary, I had that BEFORE I got pregnant with Aspen, but through the pregnancy it went away..and I haven't had it since. I never got tested for anything- Chad thought I was going crazy...and I actually thought I was too. But I am now glad to see that I am NOT the only one who has suffered these bizarre pains!

Jen said...

Oh my gosh Leeann!! I'm so sad and sorry to hear this! What's happening to my friends? You and Crystal need someone to make you guys ALL better and fast! I hate to see you guys in such pain! It's awful! I'll send prayers your way that they can figure out what's wrong and remedy it quickly!

bequi said...

I hope it gets batter quickly and I wish I lived closer (or had a working car) so I could come help a little.