Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Presley's Blessing

I finally feel comfortable about taking Pres out and into the real world...surrounded by germy people. We've been so careful with her over the last four months...and it worked...she's only had a stuffy nose, twice.
With RSV season coming to an end, we figured it was past time for her church blessing. We scheduled to do it in Mom's ward, because our nephew was going to be blessed the same week.
Anyone that knows my family, knows that the motto should be, "Anything that can go wrong...will." We woke up at 5 am Sunday morning to a horrible winter storm blowing in...and no electricity. Thankfully, it turned back on about a half hour later. Shortly after we had all gotten our showers done...it went out again. This left all of the girls with dripping wet hair and a whole bunch of ironing that needed to be done. So, we loaded everyone and everything up, and headed to Mom's. After a 30 minute search for the iron and me realizing that I forgot Presley's onesie and tights...we finally made it to the church.
Sadly, because of the storm, several of our family members didn't get to come, but it was still a wonderful day. Lots of food and lots of smiles.

By this point, Pres was done with playing model and wasn't in the best mood. She's still absolutely beautiful, though! She is wearing the same dress that I wore as an infant and that all her sisters wore.
Carson all decked out in his tux.
Luke wasn't in a great mood, so I just got a picture of the girls.
I love you, baby girl. You make me smile every single day.

7 comments:

Tinabean said...

My boys were also 4 months old when we blessed them & for the same reason! :)

Tinabean said...

Oh I forgot to tell you how beautiful she looked & your other girls also.
If this last one for me was a girl I was gonna put her in my blessing dress to. Oh well huh?

Jennifer said...

She looks like she isn't too sure of Carson touching her LOL!!
She's beautiful!!

Sharon said...

Beautiful pictures! Sounds like we had identical Sundays! Did you see my blog? We blessed Emily and ran into the same problems! Presley is so pretty!

bequi said...

I love the picture of her with her cousin where she's staring at him like, "What is this THING?!"

Stacy said...

What a doll!

Andrea said...

Those pictures are ADORABLE! And how special that all of your girls got to wear the same dress you wore.