Thursday, March 5, 2009

Lifestyles Of The Poor And Unknown

I'm long overdue for an update of my chaotic life. Things always seem to be changing around here and even living it...I have a hard time keeping up!

Kids
Bailey is doing great in school. Soccer is starting soon and she's trying to convince me that her time would be better spent in dance. I'm trying to make her understand that right now, I don't have the time for dance class. If a good dance instructor was here in town, that would be a different story...but having to drive to the next town is just too much for me right now. Ryleigh is excited about soccer and can't wait for it to start. She has been put in a special reading class at school and will be going to school early two days a week to participate in it. I'm so proud of her. Avery has been feeling better since her surgery. She had another asthma attack this morning, but all in all, it's been a good winter for her. She can't wait to start soccer this spring, either. It will be her first time playing. Pray with me, that she won't beat the crap out of someone else's child! Luke can't wait to start school (next year, buddy) and can't wait to play soccer (next year, buddy). Poor kid. He's always waiting to get "big enough" to do what his sisters are doing. Presley is doing fantastic. She just over 9 lbs now. At 15 weeks old, she's still very tiny, but is developing her own little personality. She's such a smiley kid and loves to be in my arms.

School
I just started back to school this week. I'm finishing the horrible, awful, pain in the butt math class that I was taking last semester, as well as the art class I didn't get to finish. I'll be so super happy when that math class is nothing but a distant memory. Taking this class is only a little less painful than shoving splinters underneath my fingernails.

Mom
So, I've already said that her scans came back crappy. They've basically run out of all options for her. They advised her that it is probably time to call hospice. We know this road...traveled it all too recently with Josh's brother, Jared.
However, because of an amazing woman, we may have another option. I met this woman through a "blog" on babycenter.com. Both her and her husband are in the medical field and when she read what I posted about mom, she offered to send her medical records to some "miracle" oncologist in Los Angeles. Right now, three different docs are pouring through mom's medical history and trying to find an alternate angle that hasn't been done yet. All we can do is hope and pray.

Me
I started Weight Watchers again, a month ago. So far, only 4 lbs lost...but at least it's in the right direction. Losing weight, while nursing, has never been a talent of mine. Slow and steady wins the race, right? I'm hoping by the end of the summer I will be where I want to be...but unless the amount I'm losing increases...I won't even be close. All I can do is try.
And put down the damn Pringles can.

7 comments:

suebug said...

Wow...life is flying by us all isn't it?? Your girls are joys to me, the fact that they play nicely with Aspen is a huge bonus to that love!!! Poor Luke is a twin to poor Bra...never big enough, or old enough...hold on boys it will be here before you know it. And Pat...ah Pat...I will NEVER, NEVER stop rooting for you, praying for you, and hoping for you. Keep fighting girl!!!
And math...the root of all evil...I despise it. DESPISE IT!!! :)

Rachel said...

Leeann...you are amazing.

Jen said...

You amaze me girl! I'll be praying for your mom. I hope that those doctors do come up with something miraculous! And Yay to you for losing! You are AWESOME!!!!

Pam said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Pam said...

You are amazing! I never will know how you do it all!

common mom said...

You are an amazing woman!

Know that I do think of you and your family every day.

bequi said...

I'm glad to get to catch up on everything and I'm glad you haven't given up hope.