Wednesday, February 4, 2009

"I Can't Hear You"

Over the past few months, we've noticed that Avery has had a bit of trouble hearing. She says, "I can't hear you!", several times a day. With the amount of ear infections this child has had, that worried me a lot.
So, off to the ENT. Again. She has already had surgery to put tubes put in. (Happy 1st Birthday) She has already had surgery to take her adenoids out. (Happy 2nd Birthday) What more do I have to put this little girl through?
Apparently...
Surgery again, to put a second set of tubes in. (Happy 4th Birthday)
This poor child, every year around her birthday (except last year, somehow), she ends up with a surgery. So, on February 13th, she will have yet another hospital visit. (And while writing this, I just realized that it is Friday the 13th...ugh...extra prayers might be needed now...)
As it stands, the doc said that she has at least a 30% hearing loss, due to the condition of her ears. However, after the surgery, that should be completely corrected.
My poor girl. I really hope that this is as bad as it gets for her. After everything she has gone through...it's not fair that she has to go through more.

9 comments:

Pam said...

I can tell you that the tubes made a world of difference with Riley. He was having hearing loss and everything along with his ear infections. Now, thanks to the tubes, his hearing is back to normal and we are seeing his language skills get closer to being on track as well. I hope everything goes smoothly for Avery!

Steph said...

Liv lost 25% of hers, and they did the 2nd set of tubes WITH her adnoids out and she's never been back since!! (Except the follow up)!

Gail said...

And you thought she ignoring you:) Poor little girl!

Mom said...

Poor baby. If you need anything let me know.

McKell Anderson said...

Thanks for the cute baby announcement. If you need anything let me know. :)

suebug said...

Oh poor Avery...atleast it's fixable, mine wasen't and as you now know...I have severe hearing loss. I am glad her's won't be! come visit my page...I've posted again ;)

bequi said...

As much as that sucks, she's really lucky to have a mom who realizes that as a problem, and not as a child who doesn't listen.

Andrea said...

When I first read the title of this post and saw that rediculously adorable picture, I was expecting some sort of silly post about her pretending not to hear you, being in her own little world.

I wish that was the case.

Sorry to hear what you have to go through with this precious child.

common mom said...

Oh poor Avery :-( We were lucky and only had to do one set of tubes with Princess. I'll be thinking about you guys and praying that Avery comes out happy and hearing!