Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Two Months Old

My beautiful, baby girl is two months old today. I can't believe how fast time is flying. It seems like only yesterday we were struggling to stay pregnant and now she is developing such a personality.
She had her two month check up today and is doing so well! Her doctor was very happy with her progress and her weight gain. He came into the room laughing, saying that he was certain that the nurse had made an error on her weight. She is now 8 lbs even and 20.75 inches! He was incredibly happy with her weight. He said that he didn't expect her to weigh that much, since we are doing breast milk only...we aren't supplementing/fortifying with formula at all. She is still very much on the tiny end of things...just barely at 5% (so, 95% of other 2 month old babies are bigger than her), but that's to be expected. He was happy to hear that she has rolled over twice already. She is right on track!
I just look at her and giggle. It's funny to know that right now, at two months old, she is still smaller than Ryleigh and Luke were at birth. I love this extended newborn period.
AND...more good news...her doc doesn't think it's colic, but just an immature gut. So, I am allowed milk, but only one glass a day. He also suggested that I cut out all spicy foods, garlic, onions, ect. and see if that helps. Apparently just tattling on her to the doc is all I needed to do - she has been the most perfect baby today. No crying or fussing at all! I'm thankful for the small things...especially her!

4 comments:

Mom aka Nana said...

She is an absolute doll.

Erin said...

Wow, 2 months already. Where did the time go?
She truly is precious!

Pam said...

I'm so glad that everything is going well with Presley's growth and development! She is a fighter! I hope she keeps doing better for you with the crying too!

common mom said...

Yay! She's so adorable!

Woo hoo on the weight gain . . . and I can't believe it's been 2 months!

I hope her tummy starts feeling better soon.