Sunday, January 25, 2009

This Isn't A "Change", I Wanted

***I know I may upset people with this post. I won't apologize, but I do ask that you respect my opinion.***
I'm severely upset at Obama's recent activities. I had high hopes for the man. I figured I'd give him the benefit of the doubt and hoped he would bring about changes that I would be proud of. It took all of three days for me to be thoroughly disappointed.
In simple terms: my tax money is now going to help pay for abortions in other countries.
I am absolutely livid. Of all the things wrong with the world and our country...this is one of the first things that he chooses to give his time to?
I read this..."Population Action International, an advocacy group, said that the policy had "severely impacted" women's health and that the step "will help reduce the number of unintended pregnancies, abortions and women dying from high-risk pregnancies because they don't have access to family planning."" and just could not believe that people think this way.
Reversing Bush's policy DOES NOT reduce the number of unintended pregnancies! Killing a baby DOES NOT mean that it never existed!
Regardless of any view I have on abortion...why is this one of the first things being addressed? What about all the jobs we have been promised? What about the housing situation? What about the economy, period? I'm much more worried about my friends and family that have lost their jobs and are struggling to live...than I am about reversing a policy that shouldn't be reversed in the first place.

9 comments:

lauradee24 said...

I think the reason he is addressing those issues first is because he CAN address them quickly. The economy is going to take time and legislation to fix, while these campaign promises can be fulfilled with a pen and a signature immediately. I think he is trying to show that he fulfills his promises to the best of his abilities and as soon as he can.

I can understand being upset that tax money goes for things that you don't support--we all have things we don't like our tax money going for. Pro-lifers have a problem with this new thing (understandably). Atheists have a problem with tax money paying for religious charities, something established by the Bush administration. Everyone has their own opinion on how tax money should be spent--hence why we elect officials. Liberals had a hard time with Bush, and Conservatives will have a hard time with some Obama initiatives. There is a lot of give and take. I guess the bright side is that we live in a country where we can voice our opinions and vote based upon them--our voices matter, even if the majority doesn't agree with me. :)

Rachel said...

I heard about this, and had the same reaction you did. I knew he was all for abortion, which I, too am against, but I don't believe he 'promised' to fix the population in 'other' countries during his campaign....and why???

Pam said...

I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt too- I'm going to support the President of our Country- no matter who it is. Out of respect. But I am disappoined also- this issue and some others have me real worried about the future of our country and the risk we are being put in because of some decision. I'm worried now.

Whitney said...

Well said, my friend. I'm with ya all the way!

Mom said...

What about the younger generation like my grandchildren? How will all these so called changes effect them when they become adults. Sometimes I swear our Presidents don't think any longer than their nose. Of course, I didn't vote so I guess I have no right to complain.

suebug said...

Obama is a man seperate from anything I've ever known before. I did not vote for him, I do not like him, and yet here he is, in a position of great power...I had hoped he would make wiser decisions. What do I have to look forward too now?? Abortions being paid for with my money, in OTHER countries...geez, what's our country going to?

Tinabean said...

I'm with you all the way on this one.
I didn't vote for him & didn't want him but he won so I was willing to give him a chance.
But I to am very upset about this I am very against abortion my self it makes me sick.
I am very afraid for our futures with this man in power!

Stacy said...

I agree! I'm scared about whats to come!

Crysm said...

I agree with you 100% on this. I'm prolife but I would be upset about this even if I wasn't. It doesn't have to do with being Liberal or Conservative. What it has to do with is our own economy is suffering. So explain to me why we are helping pay for abortions in OTHER countries?? Just because he CAN doesn't mean he SHOULD.

NOT ALL CHANGE IS PROGRESS!

So, well said my friend. This was a major thumbs down in my book.