Monday, January 5, 2009

I'm Choosing Mine

I went to the gym today - - for the first time since being put on bedrest all those many months ago.
I was aprehensive about going again, since it had been so long, but I'm sure glad I went! I climbed on the elliptical, turned on my music and it all came flooding back. All those good feelings I had when I was going to the gym before and when I was achieving my weight loss goals.
I am running this year's 4th of July 5K. I am. Yup. Gonna do it.
So, today I started my running regimen that will get me to that goal. I was up to 2 miles at the very beginning of my pregnancy, but now it's like starting all over. But, that's okay. I remember how excited I was when I hit every milestone and it will be fun to feel that accomplishment again.
There was a quote up at the gym today that I really liked:


"Your health and your appearance are a choice.
The pain of discipline or the pain of regret.
CHOOSE YOUR PAIN!"

Feeling better about life.
Running.
I'm taking both - - one day at a time.

9 comments:

Rachel said...

That's awesome! Good for you!

Jen said...

You are such a motivation to me! GO LEEANN!

The Dixie Millers said...

Good for you! Good luck and just remember that you've been through harder trials than getting back in shape, this will be a piece of cake!

Pam said...

Good for you! You are an inspiration!

Shellie said...

Wow! Good for you! I only waited 6 years after having my last babies before exercising again. :)

Candygirlflies said...

Okay.

If you can, I can, too.

I'll get back on the bike.

Now.

Methinks we need a new playlist for our ipods, non? Looking forward to hearing what's on yours!!

xoxoxo CGF

common mom said...

Good for you!

I also went to the gym today to get back on track . . . it felt great! I have some new goals now that I'm not employed . . . and I have no excuse for not making it there every day.

I'll be checking back daily for my motivation ;-)

suebug said...

I hear you. I understand you. I get the DESIRE. I am right by ya!

bequi said...

I'm so proud of you! I don't know when I'll work out because it probably won't make much difference until I quit drinking soda.