Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Horrible Happiness

I was unintentionally put in my place tonight, by a friend of mine.
I'm struggling with Presley. She cries and cries and won't let me put her down and I don't know how to fix it. I would do anything in this entire world to make her feel better.
I was complaining telling my friend about it tonight and venting over the fact that I am exhausted.
My very smart friend told me, "Think about it like this: no matter how horrible it is...it's the last time that you get to do this."
Wow.
My friend is right.
I need to appreciate the fact that right now, she loves me so much, that she wants me to hold her all the time. I've already seen how quickly children grow up. Before I know it, she'll be too busy exploring her world...to lay in my arms.

2 comments:

Mom said...

Enjoy them while you can cuz there will be a day when they are teenagers and you think you know where they are and what they are doing and you find out later that you were wrong. Enjoy while you know what's going on.

suebug said...

I envy that you get to hold a precious little one that loves you that much. I have a 5 year old that almost is taller than me and outweighs me, and a 2 year old that thinks he is 18. Enjoy Pres, for me too....