Tuesday, December 23, 2008

'Tis The Season

Josh came home tonight and found an envelope on our front door, simply addressed to "The (our last name)." He walked in and asked me if anyone had knocked and I said that I hadn't heard anything. I assumed it was another Christmas card, much like the many wonderful ones we have received from family and friends.

However, it wasn't like any other Christmas card, that we have ever received. Inside the envelope was a beautiful Christmas card and $100! It was simply signed, "Merry Christmas! God Bless!"

Because of my pregnancy complications, I was in and out of the hospital a lot before Presley's birth. This means that for a couple months I haven't really been working a lot and since her early arrival, I haven't been working at all. Because of that and the medical bills that fill our mailbox daily, money has been really tight.

We haven't told anyone about our financial issues, so we don't know where it could have come from or how someone knew. Now, we don't know who to thank, either. All I can hope is that this amazing person reads this and knows how much we appreciate their gift.

Josh and I discussed it and we feel so incredibly blessed, that we will be taking half of it and giving it to another family, that we know could really use it. It's not money that we planned on, so it's not money that we will miss...and knowing that another family will feel as loved and blessed as we do now, is what Christmas is all about.

7 comments:

The Dixie Millers said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Dixie Millers said...

WOW! It's amazing that there are people out there that are that loving and kind! Makes the world seem...not so ugly. I hope you all have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

We Love you guys!!!!

Steph said...

That is awesome that someone thought of you and even more awesome of you to share the wealth!

Pam said...

That is a great example of the Christmas spirit. A real Santa on earth! I love hearing stories like this- gives me hope that just maybe this world isn't as terrible a it seems. God is watching over your family and has sent an angel to you! And you in turn become an angel for others- the perfect Christmas story!

suebug said...

Wow!! I love when people in the world- shock me, remind me, that there is indeed Christ like love still aplenty. Where people can give, and love without a need for something in return. Where people recognize the need of another- and without being asked, give. Just give. You deserve (as does your family) that wonderful gift of the TRUE Christmas spirit. I love you guys!

Erin said...

How awesome you have been blessed like that. And that you will turn around and pass the spirit on. Good for you guys!
Merry Christmas

Regina said...

Amazing post1 God is always in the blessing business1
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and yours!
May God greatly bless you!