Sunday, December 28, 2008

New Year's Resolution

It's that time of year again. You know what I'm talking about...when you sit and figure out what you "need" to change, to make next year better. Typically, you give it plenty of thought and then by the 2nd of January...you've already given up on it.
This year, I figured...what's the use? Seriously...am I going to keep any of these "promises" that I make to myself? Probably not. Then, when I don't, I feel bad about myself.
This year, I'm not setting myself up for failure. This year, instead of focusing on things that I think I need to change...I'm going to focus on things I'm doing right now...that I want to continue doing in the year to come.

Going to school. Breastfeeding Presley. Blogging my family's memories. Playing games with the kids. Going to the gym. Making sure we all take our daily vitamin. Taking time for myself. Drinking plenty of water. Making sure the kids do their best in school and encourage their love of learning. Focus on our finances. Working on organizing my entire home. Continue telling myself that milk chocolate is a serving of dairy. Keep being an example of tolerance, for my children. And other people that need the lesson. Taking time to cuddle my kids, just because...even when I don't think I have the time. Taking plenty of pictures, to document my children's childhoods. Continue to never get stressed out and always think logically, without letting my emotions get the best of me...okay, so maybe I do have a little something to work on... :)

7 comments:

Pam said...

Those are great goals! I too need to work on that last one.....

Andrea said...

I love this idea! I hope you accomplish all of them!

common mom said...

I LOVE your goals!

You will accomplish all of them - you are an amazing woman :-)

suebug said...

Good luck with all that, on the days it seems overwhelming, you know where to find me...and we can vent and hash over it all!

Mom said...

It sounds like a lot on your plate but comes so natural to you.

Stacy said...

I like those so much more than resolutions!

bequi said...

I'm way proud of you. You are an amazing person. I know you hear that all the time on here, but I don't think anyone ever gets tired of hearing it ;-)