Monday, December 8, 2008

MY Blog

It's recently come to my attention that someone copied a post I had written and claimed it as their own. They even went so far as to change certain things about the post, to match their life.
I will NOT tolerate this.
If I find out that this has happened again, I will immediately go private. Have some respect for my writing. These are my personal words...go find your own. I do not feel that I need to post *please do not copy this* above every single post of mine. I would think that would be implied. If I ever copy someone else's words, I give credit where credit is due. If possible, I will even ask permission, before doing so. I demand the same respect.
While imitation may be the highest form of flattery...plagiarism isn't!

10 comments:

*~*Sheila*~* said...

That is terrible.
I am so sorry to hear this.

Sheila

Mamarazzi said...

wow that is insane!

i can hardly believe it.

really?

suebug said...

who was it??? I wanna know...

Gail said...

seriously?? What the heck! What a violation to you and your thoughts.

Andrea said...

That is awful, and I can understand how upset you would be.

WHY would somebody even do that?? Jeepers!

Steph said...

Im sorry to hear this!

mickey said...

Seriously? I am in shock, I have to agree with everyone else...who would do this? And how could someone even dare? I hope your threat is taken seriously. Good luck, I love ya!

blackwomenblowthetrumpet.blogspot.com said...

Hello there!

It's always a smart move to just go directly to the person who has done this and ask that the person REMOVE your work.

Also...

Use Copyscape.com to find those who are using your work without permission.

Taking someone's words is a very dishonest. It has happened to me several times online. One person even copied my post and put it on a MySpace blog with a password to protect it and DID NOT remove it when I asked! The worse thing is that I have TWO "do not copy" notices on my blog so the violators are being very bold...and disrespectful.

I understand your outrage. All you can do is go to the person directly and then file a complaint with Blogger or WordPress.

So sorry this happened to you.

common mom said...

Um ya - that sucks!

Sorry :-( Cant' believe someone would do that.

Hope all is well with you and the baby!!!

suebug said...

p.s. i am still blogging, for some reason since I've gone to private it doesn't show on my friends blogs that I have posted anything...I have, spread the word that I am still alive and blogging, it's just not showing that on others blogs, it shows I haven't blogged in a week or something. Not so. :)