Thursday, November 6, 2008

Say it ONE more time...I dare you!

You ever have those days where if you hear the word "Mom" again, you are pretty sure your head is going to pull a move from the exorcist?
I love being "Mom, look!" when they are showing me their new trick.
I love being "Mooooom..." when they've hurt themselves and need cuddling.
I love being "Hey Mom, you know what?" when they come up with another neat idea and just have to share it.
I love being "Mom?" when they want to talk about something important.
I do NOT love being "Mom. Mom. Mom. Mom. Mom. MOM. MOM. MOM. MOM. MOM." when I do not answer them in the .6 seconds they have allotted me.
It makes me want to hide in the closet, plug my ears, rock back and forth and babble to myself. Anyone want to join me? I have plenty of room in here.

12 comments:

Pam said...

that is funny because I just told my husband yesterday that I was going to change my name and no longer be mom - guess we were having similar days!

Robbie and Mindy said...

Leeann, I just love your blog. You are hilarious and your family is adorable.

De said...

You forgot to hide from "MooOOooM! She hit me!" or maybe that's just MY kids! Still praying for you.

Steph said...

I SOO want to change my name at least once a week!

I told Liv that she couldnt call me mom anymore one day and she got smart and tried calling me Stephanie! OY!

Stacy said...

I agree! One more word I want to ban: Why. Can you tell I have a three year old?

JLT6907 said...

i feel like you sometimes too! so nerve racking when they just won't leave you alone.

suebug said...

I'm on my way over to hide with you...cause I am tired of the "Moooommmm....I just phrew up AGAIN...MOOOOMMMM it's on my hands, MOOOOOOMMMM it's in my hair....MMMMMMMMMOOOOOOOMMMM!!" Cause if I hear it one more time, I may utterly, totally, and completely FREAK OUT!!! I understand you, is what I am saying ....

suebug said...

send me your email...I am setting my blogspot to private, so I need your email so I can invite you to view mine again...thanks!!!

Sheila (and My Bumblebee) said...

me please!

LOL

Sheila

bequi said...

I'm sure I'll regret saying this, but I'm so excited for Sarah learning to say Mom. O imagine one "I love you mommy!" Will make all the rest worth it. And don't correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm praying your baby will cook at least to medium well.

Andrea said...

ACK!! I totally was thinking this exact same thing earlier this week.

I will totally join you in the closet!! How long can I stay??

Shellie said...

I hear you!