Monday, November 10, 2008

Regrets

I want to share a post with all of you, because it touched me so deeply.
I went to high school with Andre; he and his beautiful wife, Bethany, just recently lost their son Gavin, just 14 days shy of his first birthday.
You know that I push organ donation on here, because of Noah. Gavin is another reason that I believe in it. Sadly, Gavin never received his gift of life.
Bethany recently wrote a new post on her blog called "Regrets". It is a long post, but I thoroughly encourage you all to take the time to read it. If you have ever told your child "in a minute" or "not right now" or "maybe tomorrow" or "Mommy's busy"...this post is for you. Be prepared...you will not walk away from this post without crying or having it haunt you. In this case...that is not a bad thing. Thank you, Bethany, for allowing me to share this.

5 comments:

Gail said...

I bawled like a baby while reading this. I am guilty of saying the very things to my kids that would come back to haunt me. It made me realize that life is precious and unpredictable all at the same time. My greatest fear is dying and having my children wonder if I loved them.

Mamarazzi said...

i will most def go and read this. no regrets is already my parenting style. i try to never say no, unless it REALLY has to be no. kids grow up too fast, i wanna soak up as much of my kids childhood as i can. everything else can wait!!

oh and...TAG! You're It. Come see, and Play! (pretty please)might help pass the time while you are flat!

The Dixie Millers said...

Leeann, thank you for sharing that blog with us, I cried so hard. I couldn't imagine losing my baby. I hope you are feeling better, and let Casey and I know if you need anything. We love you guys

Erin said...

My tear ducts thank you for the cleanin out they just received. I just can't imagine going thru something like that. And I pray I never know that feeling.
After reading I went in and listened to N just breathe. It was a beautiful sound.

Tinabean said...

Of course I cried, you would have to be dead not to.
My heart goes out to your friend, you, me & all mothers that have lost a child wether it was before they had a chance to be born or some point after.
It is not an easy thing.
I lost my husband & that was hard, but to loose a child is harder I think.
Keep up the good work on keeping that precious baby in as long as you can.