Friday, November 28, 2008

Putting It In Perspective

It's hard, looking at a picture and gaging how little she is. I try to explain it, but unless you've actually seen her in person, it's hard to grasp what I'm talking about. So, to make it a little easier, when she was awake today, I took some pictures next to things I had close by.

My apple - same size as her head
My hand - it easily wraps around her head
My cell phone - she's such a girl, she already looks longingly at it
A pen - it's very close to being the length of her from head to bum
This one speaks for itself :)

Good news! Sunday seems to be Homecoming Day! As long as she keeps behaving and doing as well as she has been, that's the day. I can't wait. This back and forth thing is killing me. I'm getting worn down, splitting my time between two places that I really want to be. I can't wait to have her home, with her family, where she belongs.

7 comments:

Stacy said...

I LOVE the wrinkly forehead pictures!

I'm so glad she's doing so well, and am happy you'll have her home with your family soon! Congrats!

Cassie said...

Congratulations!!! I am so glad she is doing so well...God is Good! All the time!

Candygirlflies said...

Such a dear, wee soul... She's just gorgeous.

Can't wait for Sunday-- lots of pix with the proud siblings, please!!!

xoxo CGF

Coby said...

I'm glad to see she's doing so well and possibly coming home so soon. She's already showing you what she's got in store for you with her amazing persistence...YEAH GIRL POWER!!! Call me when you get her home and are all settled in for a visit. Love Ya!

Steph said...

Big things come in small packages!! My friends daughter was a little over 4 lbs and 16 3/4 in when she came home and we fit her in a baby doll bassinet and took a picture of her next to the doll that fit in it. She was the same size.

(((HUGS)) on the splitting yourself in two! I remember that feeling from Gabe's time in the NICU!

mickey said...

i love the comparison photos, nice way to capture how tiny she is.

Shellie said...

OH, you are so smart to take those pictures! Sweet little thing!