Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Presley Update

Today's appointment went well. I somehow managed to eat my weight in Kit-Kats this week, while being plopped on my bum and didn't gain anything. So I'm still sitting at a total of 12 lbs. I guess contracting every freaking night burns a lot of calories! My blood pressure was 120/68, which is the highest reading I've had, but still within normal ranges.
I asked the doctor if I was fine to return to normal activities and was rewarded with a "Are you stupid?" look. He told me that with my history and taking into account how scary last week was, there is no way I can go back to normal life. So, he has put me on modified bedrest, meaning that I can only do what is absolutely necessary. Given that I have 4 small children, I see that as just about everything, but he was adamant that I do not overdue it. This will last four weeks and after that, when I've hit 35 weeks, if I'm still pregnant, I can do whatever I want. He feels comfortable delivering her at that point. If Presley doesn't behave and labor starts up again, it's back to immediate strict bedrest until 35 weeks.
So, after speaking with my math prof., it looks like I have to file for an Incomplete in the class and then I have up to a year to make it up. That really sucks, but I don't want to work something out and then find myself in the same predicament in a couple weeks. However, it will be nice not to have the added stress right now. I'll still finish my art class. That's all online and no point on giving that up.
So, here we are. I figure I can still do dishes and fold laundry, if Josh hauls the heavy baskets everywhere. Josh's mom has offered to take over driving Avery to and from school, since I shouldn't be doing that much driving. She's also offered to do dinner on the nights that Josh works, but I figure the kids won't die if they have cereal or peanut butter and jelly sandwiches once in a while.
Well, one thing I CAN do while sitting here is work...so I better stop putting it off and just get it done!

8 comments:

Beth said...

Yep.....take it easy as much as you can now. You know chaos is going to happen soon!

common mom said...

Dude so totally take it easy - it's tough when the kiddos want and need your attention . . . but keep your eyes on the reward at the end :-)

Wish I was there to cook you some meals!!!

Rachel said...

Yay for "modified bedrest" instead of permanent! Hopefully Presley will behave!
Pat is awesome! I think she would do anything for you! What a great blessing for you in times like this.
I will come see you at some point, I promise! Mon-Wed I don't get home until 6ish, but I will work something out!

Mamarazzi said...

just be still...enjoy letting that baby cook a little longer. pretty soon you will miss that feeling of her growing inside of you.

rest. you are in my prayers.

suebug said...

LEEANN...HI...MY NAME IS LACEY...I LIVE RIGHT BY YOU...IF YOU NEED ANYTHING...ANYTHING...FOOD...SNACKS...A MOVIE...A GAL TO CHAT WITH...A FOOT RUB...seriously I do it...CALL ME, TEXT ME, WRITE ME...THAT'S WHAT I AM HERE FOR!!!!!

Steph said...

TAKE IT EASY!!! Wish I could come and help!

mickey said...

i am glad to hear you're doing better, i have been wondering, and have been down right lousy at calling...sorry. can i bring you dinner? let me know. and driving or anything else...let me know. i'm really good at wiping counters and doing dishes.

Shellie said...

Take it easy and take any help you can get, and let anything you can let slide, just slide. The longer she "cooks", the better! How close are you? I'm in your state:)