Sunday, November 23, 2008

No One Told Her

No one told my little peanut that she's a preemie. She is doing so absolutely wonderful! She is maintaining her temperature. She isn't requiring any supplementation, she's only nursing (and her IV). She is even breathing great, other than a few apnea episodes.
The pediatrician is so impressed with her, that he said that if she can get her apnea episodes under control, it's possible she could go home in a week! He said that is completely unusual, since the earliest a 33 weeker goes home is typically at 36 weeks, once they get feeding under control. Since she already has acquired that skill, she is really only facing the apnea issue.
Oh, it would be absolutely wonderful to have her home that soon!
She loves to hold things in her hands, so we roll up a cloth and she will sleep clutching it. It's so cute! The nurses gave her a cute little bracelet, her first night here. I can't wait until she has a cute bow on her head to match it...instead of an IV.
If she doesn't have something to hold on to, she grabs her face, to soothe herself.
I love Kangaroo care. She gets all snuggled inside my gown, against my chest and will sleep that way for hours!
Beautiful Presley ~ You are proof that "love at first sight" truly does exist!

13 comments:

Pam said...

I'm so glad to hear that she is doing so well! Of course she is a fighter - she has you for a mommy! I hope she continue to thrive and do so well. She is a cute little peanut! You are both in my prayers!

katie said...

Congrats LeeAnn! She looks perfect in every way possible!

Candygirlflies said...

Just "checking in" to make sure all is well... and from the looks of it, it most certainly IS.

Congratulations, Leann... You did it.

She's perfect, and so are you, my friend.

xoxo CGF

mickey said...

I am in love with your little princess. She is a true gem, so cute and tiny. I am glad to hear she is doing well, now how is mommy? Are you getting the much needed rest? Please take care of Leeann, so you can be ready for her when she gets to come home. That was the best advice my sister recieved, to get herself "well" after her surgery, so she could be the best mommy for her preemie. Please remember to "be gentle with yourself." Great advice from my doula.

Rachel said...

She is truly beautiful!! I love how she grabs on to things! That is just precious!

Jen said...

AHHHH, I love how she grasps the rolled up blanket. So very cute!

common mom said...

She certainly is precious! Hoping she gets home soon!

suebug said...

Hello beautiful, pint-sized Diva! You are certainly worth the wait! You are darling in everyway..and I ALSO can see how love at first sight is possible, cause I love you to bits, and I've not even gotten to hold you yet!!!

JLT6907 said...

awwwwwww! i am glad she is doing great! and i hope she is home with the rest of her sisters and brother very soon!

Steph said...

Way to go Presley!! I hope she's home in a week! Congrats LeeAnn!

The Joseph and Crystal Albrecht Family said...

Congratulations! I'm glad that she is transitioning so well! That is so rare for a 33 weeker. You look great, too. Take care of yourself and let me know what I can do to help--seriously I would love to help you anyway I can. Good luck!

Beth said...

Haven't read your blog for about a week now and thought I would check in on you! Wow was I surprised! I am glad to hear things are going well. Remember to take it one day at a time. Let anyone and everyone who wants to help you do so!

bequi said...

YEAH!!! She's so dang cute!!!!!!! I'm so excited for you!!!!