Wednesday, November 26, 2008

My Little Turkey

What is the rule for cooking turkeys? 15 minutes per pound? It takes a lot longer to cook this little turkey! :)
As you can tell from the glowing blue light, they are cooking my jaundiced turkey. She is just barely jaundiced enough, but they figured that they might as well have her on the lights. Her bilirubin levels have been slowly increasing since birth and they warned me that once my milk came in, it would likely increase more. She looks all warm and cuddly...think she'll let her Momma use her tanning bed? :)
She had a great night, last night. They moved her from a warmer bed to to the open crib you see here. She has weaned completely off her IV, because she has kept her glucose levels up. They are going to try to wean her off the air flow today. She lost a little bit more weight since yesterday, so they decided to start fortifying the bottles of breast milk she takes at night, when I'm not here.

My tiny little peanut is so cute! I can't hold her as much today, because of the lights, so I just sit and stare at her. She is so perfectly tiny. Look at those long fingers, though...she won't be tiny for long!

"These are the moments
I know heaven must exist
These are the moments
I know all I need this
I've found all I've waited for
And I could not ask for more

I could not ask for more then this time together
I could not ask for more then this time with you
Every prayer has been answered
Every dream has come true
Yeah, right here in this moment
Is right where I'm meant to be
Here with you, here with me "

~ Sara Evans ~ "These Are The Moments"~

2 comments:

suebug said...

You beautiful little Diva! You work that tanning bed, and you keep doing well with your breathing, and you keep your temp. up so you can come home! I need to hold you. :)

mickey said...

she'll never doubt the fact that she's a SUPERSTAR!

p.s. i have some new posts, check 'em out!