Thursday, December 4, 2008

Letter For Peanut


Dear Peanut,
I am so in love with you. It amazes me how one tiny little body, can cause my heart to fill with so much emotion. I can't even begin to describe the joy that I feel, just at the sight of you.

You are already starting to develop your own little personality. I love the little noises you make and your tiny little cry. I love that when I hold you, you grab on to my shirt with your hand, like you never want me to let you go. I love that when you cry, all I have to do is snuggle you into my neck and you stop in an instant.

I am so lucky to be your Mommy and to have had such a beautiful soul sent to me, to complete my family. Knowing that you are my last baby, I've realized how much the phrases, "I can't wait until you..." or "I can't wait to see you..." are unnecessary. I can wait. I want to enjoy all the beautiful little moments I have with you now. I don't want to miss them, because I'm always looking forward to the next thing that you'll be doing. I want to enjoy all of the amazing things that you do today...and let tomorrow take care of itself.

I love you, peanut.
Love, Mommy

7 comments:

*~*Sheila*~* said...

Very Beautiful.
I wish I had thought and realized that....and didn't say "I can't wait.." Until. I wish I had not said those things and just waited...perhaps the Lord will bless us one more time just one more time...so I can wait and enjoy what I treasure most...my children....my babies.

Hugs,
Sheila

suebug said...

She was beautiful, glad I got to see her in person.

katie said...

She's beautiful LeeAnn. So tiny!

Natalie said...

That's so precious! What a wonderful little (BIG) blessing! :)

mickey said...

what a great feeling, to just sit and relax and allow nothing but time to pass slowly as you soak in all of her tenderness.

i want to come and soak in her wonderfulness, i just don't want to give her my cold. @#%* cold. :)

Shellie said...

Yep, I know those feelings. What a sweet little hand!

bequi said...

What a tiny tiny tiny hand! I still can't believe how little she is.