Thursday, November 13, 2008

I Can't Wait

Oh Presley,

Your Momma is sitting here crying. Your time to be born is coming closer every second and it's overwhelming me. Whether you choose to be born soon, or wait more time...your birth is still coming at an amazing speed.

I can't wait to hold you close to me. I can't wait to see your gigantic, questioning eyes staring at me, waiting for an explanation. I can't wait to breathe in your newborn scent, because there is nothing else like it in the world. I can't wait to hear your tiny little cry and know that I have the power to comfort you. I can't wait to trace your tiny little ears with my fingers. I can't wait to rub your teensy nose across mine.

I can't wait to stretch your tiny little fingers out, so that I can marvel at your perfect little fingernails. I can't wait to wrap my hands around your little belly and be amazed at how small and perfect you are. I can't wait to kiss your little feet and giggle as you curl up your toes.

I can't wait to hold you skin to skin and watch you melt into me, at the familiar sound of my heartbeat. I can't wait to hear the tender noises that will escape from you, as you sleep.

I can't wait have you here with me, so that I can tell you what a miracle you are. I can't wait to whisper "I love you" in your ear and brush my lips across your cheek. I can't wait to see you...so that I can be reminded again, what love at first sight feels like.

Love,
Mommy

8 comments:

Crysm said...

I can't wait to meet you too Presley!

Sharon said...

You have such a way with words. I am now crying, because you have perfectly described how I feel about my little Emily. Thanks for putting it into words for me. :)

suebug said...

Being a mother has such amazing moments in it, that you have to sit back and realize that if there was ANYTHING in this world that PROVES there is a God...it's motherhood. Pure joy, pain, happiness, sacrifice, love, and wonder! What a gift!

common mom said...

I can't wait either, Presley!!!

But be good to your mommy - stay in there and grow big and strong before coming to meet all of us!

keysha said...

Wow...so powerful!

email me @ mech.fam5@msn.com so I can 'invite' you to be a reader of my blog.... :)

Liz said...

I absolutely LOVE reading your blog. I read it everyday and I have read every post. Almost. So, keep it up! lol! Sorry mine sucks! But yea, I love it! And yes, it was so awesome to be able to go to that concert and be in that little part of OTH! It was way fun and cool to see famous people!!

mickey said...

you have a way with words.

p.s. i can't wait to be your doula.

Just Us said...

ohhh, i love this one.... i have one due in october and i feel so much of what u have said so well.