Saturday, November 8, 2008

History Repeats Itself

Yesterday, it seemed like everyone had a "feeling" something was up with me. I must have gotten 15 calls/texts from people, just wondering how I was doing. My friend, McKell, brought me dinner the other night, Mom has brought dinner and McKell's mom, Nanette, brought dinner last night, too. I am so blessed to have so many people that want to help us.
Well, every one's "feelings" were right - I'm back in the hospital. My contractions were off and on, but more frequent yesterday. By about 7:00 pm I called the doc and arranged to come in. When I got here, I was dilated to a 1+, so a teeny bit of change. I got a shot of Terbutaline and more Nifedipine, which helped to control the contractions.
They did the fetal fibronectin test again (it's the test to somewhat "predict" if I will go into labor in the next 2 weeks), it was negative during the last hospital stay, but positive last night. That still doesn't mean that I will for sure deliver soon, but because I'm so early, they are concerned.
By 6:00 am this morning, they checked me again and I was a 2 and now 50-60% effaced, but no longer contracting. So, they moved me upstairs to a more comfy bed (YAY!) and took me off monitors.
Then, about 9:00 am I started throwing up, so they put in an IV and gave me a shot of Zofran. That helped tremendously! My contractions have started up again, but are sporadic and I think are just caused from the vomiting.
We are back on the "watching and waiting" plan. It really does suck being up on the postpartum wing - the isolette for my baby was in my room screaming, "I'M EMPTY!!!" and I hear all the other little babies crying. I know she's where she needs to be right now, but it's still hard to want so badly to have her in my arms.

9 comments:

Melessa said...

Prayers sent up for you and the baby girl! I would hate being where you are with no baby too. Wish I could come to the hospital and keep you company.

suebug said...

I love you!! I am praying for you! If you need a fun visit from a fun gal...let me know!!! Text or call me! I love ya!

Pam said...

Oh Baby Presley- hang on just a bit longer sweet girl! I know you want to meet your wonderful mommy and fabulous family- but give your precious body more time to develop. I'm praying for you and your mommy!

Mom said...

Hang in there daughter and let me know if anything changes. I read your blog every day so you can let me know through that. Our thoughts and prayers are with you that you don't have Presley yet. We love you.

Rachel said...

Wow....does this mean you are "stuck" in the hospital till you deliver? That kinda sucks for you whether you deliver soon or not.
I know you have heard this from countless people, and you usually don't tell me anyways, but if you need anything....
Assuming you are in the IHC hospital...my school is super close. I can bring you anything or just come keep you company. It would keep me out of rush hour traffic. LOL :)

Erin said...

O dear!! Keep that little girl in there. I'm telling you, hang upside down!! It might work...

Steph said...

Oh my!!! Prayers for Presley and you!! They were kind enough to NOT put the bassinet thing in my room after I had Gabe. Hang in there!!

Jen said...

You're in my prayers! Hoping that Presley stays in your tummy a bit longer!

common mom said...

Prayers for you and Presley!

Keep her cooking a bit longer . . . just a bit longer.