Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Happy Birthday, Little One





















Happy Birthday, Little One. Today was your due date. Today, I should have you in my arms, but that was not to be.
I think about you everyday. There's not a day that goes by that I don't remember you and remember the pain of losing you. That day was one of the hardest times of my life.
I am so thankful for your baby sister. When she moves and squirms, I am so thankful for a healthy baby. I cannot wait to meet her, hold her in my arms and hug her to my heart. How I wish she could whisper to me all that she knows and tell me why you couldn't be here with us.
I love you Little One. Thank you for the short time I had with you. It reminds me every day that life cannot be taken for granted.

7 comments:

Mamarazzi said...

beautiful.

JLT6907 said...

awwwww, that's beautiful.

Andrea said...

there are no words....

suebug said...

Happy Birthday Angel, I also think of you...and though I am thankful for the gift of your baby sister for your mommy, I still remember the hurt and pain she and your family went through. They loved you dearly...keep your angel arms around them. They still need you, even if physically you can't be with them...

Jenny said...

What a beautiful tribute. Thank you so much for letting us be a part of such a tender experience.

mickey said...

you amaze me.

Shellie said...

So bittersweet!