Thursday, November 6, 2008

Anatomy 101

Some mornings, it's just easier to let the babies climb in the shower with me, than worry about what mess they are making, while I'm in there. We sing songs and practice writing their names on the shower door, in the steam.
However, this morning, Avery was feeling a bit chatty.

Avery: "Why does Luke have a sticking out pee-pee?"
Me: "Because he's a boy."
Avery: "Why is my pee-pee like this?"
Me: "Because you're a girl. Boys and girls have different pee-pee's."
Avery: "And you have big boobs!"
Me: (laughing) "One day, you will too."
Avery: "Why do you have big boobs?"
Me: "Well, they were little like yours until I was 19 freaking years old and then when I got older and pregnant with Bailey they got bigger. Yours will get bigger, too."
Avery: "Well...I have big teeth...and little feet."
Me: "Yes, you do. We should get out and dry off now." (still laughing)

5 comments:

JLT6907 said...

out of the mouths of babes. LOL. My daughter does this to me too, but she is hearing a lot of other not so good stuff, like puberty and such. it's scary!

Pam said...

kids say the most open and honest things! I love that they have no filters yet!

Steph said...

Heehee! I love how open kids are (unless it's in public!) So cute!

suebug said...

Aspen asked me when she is gunna GROW a pee-pee like Bradens, I had to swollow a HUGE laugh, and answer her very seriously that God did NOT make women able to GROW a pee-pee like that...that's why we end up marrying a man...so we can eventually own one anyway :)! She didn't understand me, but I guess she got the point...they are not for our bodies...but eventually we will end up owning one...hehehe

Shellie said...

Cute!