Thursday, October 9, 2008

A Whole Lot Of Nothing...But You'll Laugh!

So, as we drove through town today, we saw a house for sale and grabbed a flyer, just for fun. We were shocked at how much prices have dropped in our area. So, as we sat just dreaming about a new house and talking about how nice that one was....little Miss Bailey pipes up from the backseat wanting to know why we can't just buy another one. We explained that if we pay more than we are paying now, then money would be really tight and we couldn't do any "extra" stuff. So, being the curious kid she is, she asked how much we had to pay. Josh told her not to worry about money, that she is only seven years old. Little stinker pipes up with, "I know. But I'm a really big fan of money!"
I don't know where she comes up with this stuff.

---------------------------------------------------------

A friend's wedding is coming up and I thought how nice it would be to go buy a new dress. I didn't have time to drive to a Motherhood, so we just tried a few stores that were close to the area we were in. (Keep in mind, that during this shopping trip I am tired, my hips hurt and I'm just plain not in the mood to go wandering all over the Salt Lake valley.)
So, we stop at Kohl's. After much walking through the store and searching the Misses section AND the Women's section....we ask someone where in the hell the maternity section is. "Over by customer service." Agh. Fine. Apparently I am no longer a female when I am carrying a child and my clothes are to be shoved between customer service and the boy's section.
Their selection? One freaking maternity dress (too short) and no maternity skirts. Are you freaking kidding me?
Moving on...
We hop over to Sears Grand. As soon as we enter we hear, "Shoppers, it is now 8:45 and we are closing. Please bring your purchases to the front, so we can check you out quickly." Aaah! I proceed to run limp hobble waddle to the women's section.
Looking....
looking...
looking...
"Excuse me, where is your maternity section?" I ask the worker girl who looks barely old enough to pop a zit.
"Oh...(giggle)...we don't have maternity clothes."
*Me giving her a dumb look*
"What am I? A leper?" I mumble as I walk limp hobble waddle away.

---------------------------------------------------------

I got quite the giggle today. I witnessed one of "those Moms"....you know the kind....always show up at your kids' school with the perfect clothes and the perfect hair and stand in their own little groups with their backs to you....digging out a booger, while waiting at the stop sign.
It might have been wrong...but I laughed.
And,
she saw me.

9 comments:

Jen said...

LOL! You said I'd laugh and I sure did! I love it!

Timmy and Traci said...

Oh my gosh! Lee Ann I always enjoy reading about your family, but your little Bailey touched my heart on this one! It reminded me of asking my mom to just write a check for a horse that we could keep in the back yard. Remember we lived on Apple Street. I just couldn't imagine why she just couldn't right a check, we did for everything else! hahahhahaha. You are an amazing mother, and they are such joys.

JLT6907 said...

omg those are funny stories! i love what Bailey said, lol. only if kids were a fan of money, they would know what to do with it instead of ripping it up! and im really sorry that you can't find a store with maternity clothes, that really sucks!

suebug said...

Bay, honey, I am a big fan of money too..it just isn't a big fan of me!!!! What a cutie pie! Yeah, walmart typically carry's more maternit than big chain stores...that is a sad fact! And finally we come to booger mom, HA, double HA on you for being so "Stuck up," and having your "nose up in the air at us!" hehehehe get it (stuck up her nose) hehehehehehe okay, I am a dork!

Sheila (and My Bumblebee) said...

Oh that was precious.

Stacy said...

I'm with you on the maternity section. Just to save you some time, don't bother to check out Macys. Whats up with that?

Loved the other stories too!

Andrea said...

Those stories were GREAT!! And I know 'those moms'...I'd roll over with laughter if I saw what you saw (or thought you saw...I'm sure you saw right!)

Erin said...

I'm with Bailey...I am a big fan of it too. Just wish I knew where the h@#l it all was!! :)

common mom said...

HAHAHAHAHA!!! Thanks for the giggles :-)