Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Update - 11:30 AM/Noon

Well, things have calmed down quite a bit. I've had two more doses of meds and they seem to be doing their job. My contractions are very irregular now and nowhere near the pain they were this morning.
My fetal fibronectin test came back negative...indicating that it is 95% likely that she will not be born in the next two weeks. YAY!
We got to have an ultrasound and she is beautiful! I got to see her blink her eyes and stick out her tongue. I cannot wait to hold her in my arms...in at least 8 more weeks! It was good that an actual ultrasound tech did the ultrasound, compared to the OB resident that did one yesterday. The tech shows that she is only measuring about 3 DAYS ahead, not 3 WEEKS. She estimated Presley's weight at about 3 lbs. 9 oz., which is still good. She's over 3 lbs...the tech indicated that is good.
I have now been moved upstairs which comes with a lot of benefits. I got to shower (ohhh....hot water and soap have never felt so good), I got to eat breakfast, I don't have to be monitored 24/7 (no straps around my belly...they can be painful!), my IV is capped off, I have a comfy bed and my CNA is someone that I took my CNA class with...always nice to see a friendly face!

Update: It's noon and the OB resident just informed me that they are letting me go home! I am on strict bedrest, with only bathroom privileges until at least Tuesday, when I go see my doctor. I'll keep up on the same meds that I'm on here. I know it's what Presley needs, but it's going to be really hard to do that. I cannot stand to have other people wait on me. I don't like to feel useless. But, I am excited to get some sleep!

6 comments:

Sharon said...

I have been worried sick about you all night and am THRILLED at the update! I'm so glad that you get to go home and rest! I know what you mean - it would be SO hard to stay down. I hope you have plenty of help so you CAN stay in bed.

Here's to hoping we don't see Presley for another two months! Keep us updated!

Stacy said...

YAY! I am so happy to hear some good news! Take it easy and definitely stock up on some sleep - you are going to need it! :)

Annie said...

oh leeann! let people take care of you:) you deserve it! i would be happy to help by the way! i am not a great cook, but i can cook:) hang in there, i'll be praying for you, and the family!!

JLT6907 said...

I've been looking forward to this update all day! I'm very glad that things have calmed down and you are going home. Listen to the dr when you're told you have bedrest orders, it only helps Presley grow stronger inside you.
I hope she can hold out the last 8 weeks!

suebug said...

OH YOU WILL LET PEOPLE WAIT HAND AND FOOT ON YOU WOMAN!! I DEMAND IT! I am SOOOOO Glad you are able to come home where you are just a few houses away and where if you need anything, you can pick up the phone (without getting out of bed) and CALL ME or TEXT ME and I can walk over and get you whatever you need! WHICH YOU BETTER DO RATHER THAN GET UP!!!

keysha said...

Thanks goodness! Hopefully things stay this way and you are able to keep her on the inside for a while longer!!