Saturday, October 18, 2008

Self Portrait

I was tagged by Andrea over at LifeSong, to do a "self portrait". Want to do one, too? Go ahead. I won't stop you.



This is me...

Wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, cousin, grand-daughter and friend

Brown eyes that change with my mood and brown hair that tends to do the same

I like thunderstorms, reading in a hot bath and drinking Crystal Light

I've never been happy with my body...not when I was underweight, not when I was obese

I don't believe that love or time can heal all things

I don't like people who lie, science fiction or brussel sprouts

I need to exercise to feel good, my family around me to make me happy and a clean house to make me feel calm

I've never ridden a horse, eaten sushi or been on a train

I don't need money to define who I am, a hundred friends to make me feel important or to turn into a "Stepford Wife" to fit in

I hate when someone calls me "perfect"

It's not true and it's a lot to live up to

I don't understand any kind of prejudice, cheating to get ahead or why there is such a range of poverty vs wealth in the world

I'm on anti-depressants, but I don't think they're working

I like onions on everything, the smell of rain and the feel of clean, warm sheets

I want to have more confidence, to run a 5K and to raise happy children

I have hypothyroidism, but I don't let it hold me back

I have had my tongue pierced - twice

I sometimes wonder if the hell of school will be worth it

I don't know how people live without Tivo/DVR

I believe that you shouldn't complain about your life, if you aren't willing to do anything to change it

I try too hard to please other people and I daydream in the shower

I cry when I'm alone in the car - sometimes for no reason

I am a compulsive organizer

I have secrets that nobody knows



6 comments:

Andrea said...

Girl, that was AWESOME!! What do you mean it didn't turn out as good as mine? It was so! good!

And that picture of you...your eyes are stunning!

Thanks for playing!!

Mamarazzi said...

this was so good! i have mine ready to go in my draft folder (it had to get in line).

love the pic of you.

i have secrets too...somethings are better kept to yourself. ;)

suebug said...

You are beautiful Leeann, inside and out. Thank you for sharing with me, I miss you...

bequi said...

I made my comment to this on your myspace page so now I'm talking about something unrelated.

http://www.thebreastcancersite.com/clickToGive/home.faces?siteId=2

This month if the site gets enough clicks to donate 500 mammograms, their premier sponsor will donate an additional 200 mammograms.

I figured if you knew, you'd have posted something ;-)

There's only 2 weeks left and they're only at 58% of their goal so spread the word and let's get clickin!

Mom said...

I believe that no one is perfect (this part of your portrait stuck in my head for some reason) we all have our faults but you are a beautiful person in my eyes. Inside and out.

Cassie said...

LOVE THAT!!! When I come back from my blogging break...I am def doing that one!!!