Thursday, October 23, 2008

My Child Of A Million Ideas

I was getting Avery ready for school and she pipes up with:

Avery: "Did you know that when you're naughty, your belly gets big?"
Me: (thinking....hmmm....where's this going?) "Oh, yeah? Why is that?"
Avery: "Like that girl that got big and blue. She was naughty."
Me: (chuckling...starting to understand) "Oh, the girl that turned into the blueberry on Charlie and the Chocolate Factory?"
Avery: "Yeah, she was naughty."
Me: "So, Mommy's belly is big...am I naughty?"
Avery: "No, you not naughty!"
Me: "Well, if my belly is big, I must have done something...what did I do?"
Avery: "Daddy is naughty."
Me: (laughing to myself and wishing someone else was around to laugh with me, at the joke she didn't know she just made) "Oh, why is Daddy naughty?"
Avery: "He painted on the wall." (We just painted our hallway.)
Me: "So, because Daddy was naughty....my belly got big?"
Avery: "Yeah..."

LOL....if only she knew! :)

7 comments:

Rachel said...

That is HILARIOUS!

Stacy said...

Oh my gosh!!!! So funny!

Shellie said...

Hahahahahaha! That is too funny!

bequi said...

That's so fantastic!!

suebug said...

hhhehehee naughty daddy!

common mom said...

OMG I'm DYING!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Mamarazzi said...

way too funny!