Thursday, September 18, 2008

Thursday Thirteen #32 - Life

13 Things I Tell Myself -
But Need More Practice Living

1. If you have no expectations, there can be no disappointments.
2. Stop worrying about the things that you cannot control.
3. Learn to trust other people more.
4. Perfection is a gray area.
5. A clean house is overrated...
6. ...but happy children, aren't.
7. Sometimes, just be glad that a job is completed, even if it's not done your way...
8. ...or even if it's not done the right way. Let it go.
9. Relax in the quiet moments, even if there is laundry to be done and work to do.
10. Pay more attention to the happy moments and less attention to those moments that are whiny, dirty, fighting, yelling, stressful, ect.
11. Don't be afraid to ask for help.
12. Really listen when your children talk. It may seem like they do it constantly...about anything...and everything...but sometimes they can be quite insightful.
13. Live for today. Yesterday can't be changed and tomorrow can't be predicted.

8 comments:

Journeywoman said...

Mazel tov on your pregnancy. I sometimes think that people get so buttinsky with women who have "too many" kids as they do with people like me who have none. Why do they DO that?

anyway--great list!

Alice Audrey said...

The thing about not having expectations is it can lead to a gray world. Better than not hoping for people/events to be as you wish is a quick willingness to forgive if it doesn't turn out that way.

Boomer and Rusty said...

I live by #5

JLT6907 said...

i totally agree! Happy TT

Qtpies7 said...

I agree with most of that, but I am tired of letting go of my teenagers horrid jobs of cleanning. They are certainly old enough to do things even halfway decent, but they try not to. But it is always my fault that I expect too much, since none of them can please me. And I do NOT have high standards, my house is pretty cluttered and mopping is WAY over rated.

JO said...

great list.

Here's my 50th entry -- http://www.joarduo.com/2008/09/tt-50-13-posts.html. Thanks.

Mamarazzi said...

great list. advice we ALL could use!

mickey said...

you are so wise, i can't help but feel lucky to be your friend.