Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Thank You, My Friend

I have a friend that does something for me, every single day. It doesn't cost them any money and takes only about 10 seconds of their time.
Yet, this seemingly little thing, causes me to smile and to have a better day. They may not even be aware that this little thing...brings me such pleasure.
I won't even tell you what this little thing is, because it doesn't matter...to you anyway...but, it matters a great deal to me.
It does cause me to step back and wonder what I do, to improve this person's day. Am I as good of a friend to them, as they are to me? Is there something that I do everyday, that causes them to smile and know that they matter to someone else?
Sometimes we get so caught up in life, that we forget to feed those important relationships in our lives. Sometimes we just assume that other people know how much we care. Sometimes we get so bogged down in our own lives and our own situations, that we forget that other people have their own trials, that they are battling.
So, thank you, my friend, for taking that small amount of time out of your day, to let me know you care. Sometimes, life seems like an uphill climb...thank you for not making me climb it alone.

10 comments:

Mamarazzi said...

i would say that this lovely little thank you to your friend IS being a good friend.

i love when friends can just KNOW what we might need, big or small (especially small)and do it, just because.

yep, life is good like that!

common mom said...

We all need a good friend in the seat next to us on the roller coaster that is a woman's life :-)

Jen said...

How sweet! You deserve all the greatest friends in the world!!

Pam said...

I'm so glad that you have a great friend like this!

Erin said...

some friends just know how to rock don't they?

suebug said...

I am so glad you have friends that make you smile, you deserve it! I know you make me smile...which is important! Love you Leeann!

Andrea said...

Okay -- I gotta say it...I wanna know what this friend does that makes your day all the time. Maybe I can learn a thing or two!!!

bequi said...

What can I say? I help out where I can.
HA! Really though, you're very lucky to have a friend like that.

Steph said...

I agree that you saying this thank you shows you care and are a friend in return. Im glad you have a friend like that.

Sheila said...

I wish we all had a good friend like that.