Sunday, September 7, 2008

Run, Babies! Run!

My beautiful girls ran in the kid's mile during our town's summer celebration, on Friday. Bailey has always loved running and just has a natural talent for it. Ry has never really shown an interest in it, but wanted to run anyway. Here are my beautiful girls before the race. Bay is in pink stripes, Ry is in red.
Here's Bay coming in for the finish. The girl right behind her passed her up at the very end, taking away Bay's 3rd place finish for the girls. But, she still finished with a time of 10 min and 10 sec. Isn't that amazing? She is only 7 years old and was running against kids as old as 12!
Here comes Ry (red shirt) coming in for her finish. Her friend is next to her (her friend is quite a bit older, Ry is not short!) and you can't tell from the picture, but they are holding hands. Isn't that cute? They helped each other finish, with a time of 14 min 54 sec. I was SO proud of her for finishing! She's only 5 years old, so she was one of the youngest runners.
My 2 runners at the finish line. Such beautiful, talented girls!


6 comments:

Andrea said...

How bad did Ry's feet smell after THAT?! :)

mickey said...

What a race and I have to agree your girls rock. Next year I'm in, and I think I will see if my girls want in on the fun too!

suebug said...

Alright girls!!! Let's get you running with Lacey!!! You guys kicked butt, maybe you'll motivate me to do better in my running!!!! Good job girls!!

common mom said...

Congrat's to both of them! How awesome . . . and how wodnerful to have great friends to run with :-)

Mamarazzi said...

that is so AWESOME!

Timmy and Traci said...

WOOT WOOT! Those girls are going to be Cross country's finest! I love it!