Thursday, September 4, 2008

It's A Love/Hate Relationship


LOVE

I discovered a new favorite chore of mine.
Yes, I have favorite chores. Organizing? Check. Cleaning the bathroom? Check. (Strange, I know, but the smell of Clorox and Windex just makes me smile.) Mowing the lawn? Check. And now...edging the yard!
Holy crap, my yard looks fantastic! I have been out there all day...mowing, edging, weed whacking, weed pulling, raking, sweeping, shoveling, organizing kids' toys. I had never played with the "edging" option on the weed whacker before. And now...I am in love. Who knew that edging a lawn could make such a difference? I keep opening the front door, just to look at the lawn and admire my handiwork. Silly...but people in love do stupid things.

HATE
While edging, I think I hit a rock. Must have been a pebble, really. Because when I looked over at our car...the entire back window was shattered. Well, half of it was shattered. The other half had already caved into the back seat of the car. Whoops.

7 comments:

suebug said...

#1 - Very nice, good for you!
#2 - NICE O'Doyle..NICE! hehehee

common mom said...

Dude - we should live next to each other . . . organizing - I could organize all day long! And who doesn't love the smell of Windex and Clorox? Sheesh.

And mowing the lawn - do you know that the ONE thing holding me back from buying the house we live in is that it doesn't have grass? None, nada, zilch. It's natural - pine trees, etc. . . . very tough to have grass with pine trees. But I LOVE mowing the lawn - and I actually miss it.

Total bummer on the car window, though!!!

Mamarazzi said...

i am the organizing queen...so i totally understand and "feel" ya on that one!

mathrooms are not my thing, but my husband looooves doing them...y'all are strange!

wowzer on the window...that stinks!

mickey said...

sorry i can't stop laughing. why aren't there any pictures? you poooor thing.

Tausha said...

My husband would love it if I loved to edge and mow the lawn! I just like to plant my planters and make my porch look cute!
I did help do the yard today though. I told him that he owed me though!
You really shatterd the window? So sorry! Glad that no one got hurt-we at least until your husband got home from work! :)

Crystal said...

Note to self: Don't let Leeann edge your lawn while the car is near by.

This seriously cracked me up... but only cause I didn't have to pay for it.

But hey, at least your yard looks nice. And you will have a clear view of it as you drive away.

Erin said...

what? no pics of the shattered window? that is unlike u? oops! is all i can say to that.