Wednesday, September 17, 2008

I LOVE Garage Sales!

So, on Saturday I went to garage sales with Mom and Brittney. They go every week, but I usually just don't have the time. (And let's be honest...I like to sleep in.)
However.
This Saturday, I did really good! At one garage sale I found 12 Playtex bottles - with extra nipples and air vents - for $5.00! I was ecstatic! I'm totally stocked up now, for those rare times that Presley will get a bottle. Then, at another yard sale I found these six onesies that look brand new, for $3.00! All newborn size, which is good, because all the ones I have have been through up to 3 girls and have been spit up on a million times.
THEN...at another garage sale I found this love seat. We had a recliner in the front room, but I really wanted to move that to my room, so I have a comfy place to nurse. We were going to start looking for something to replace it, like a futon or something...nothing too expensive. This little treasure was sitting there yelling, "Buy me! I match your colors!" So, I did. Guess what that set me back? $10.00. Yup. That's all. Serendipity, I tell you.
I also got a new boppy with a removable cover for $5.00 and a storage rack thing for my office for $2.00. All in all...a good day.

9 comments:

Rachel said...

10 bucks??? Wow! It was meant to be!
Deals can be so sweet!

Jen said...

Freaking SWEET!!!!

Mamarazzi said...

wow...i love a good deal! that little $10 love seat is sooo cute!

i am in the middle of a HUGE purge and havign a yard sale this weekend. time to get rid of stuff.

i blogged it out at 4am the other day...yep, all blogged out. i love blogging....i get so much done, once i SAY i am gonna do it. woo hoo!

Pam said...

wow! You got some fabulous deals! I never do that well!

Andrea said...

Garage sales ROCK!! What a great deal on that beautiful love seat!!

Too bad we don't live closer...I could pass on MANY things for little Presley.

JLT6907 said...

you did really awesome! i had a yard sale last fall and all my baby items were sold the first day!

Erin said...

u go girl..i have yet to go to any yard sales this year. i think i am running out of time!!

Steph said...

Those are GREAT deals!!

Cassie said...

Nothing like a good yard sale!!! Great deals!!!