Monday, September 15, 2008

Happy Birthday To Me

Thank-you, thank-you, thank-you to all my family and friends that made my birthday so much fun. Your cards and phone calls and texts and gifts meant a lot to me.
I will write a longer post tomorrow, when I'm not so tired and I can see straight. For tonight, you can have a good quote I found, thanks to Mickey:

"SUCCESS
To laugh often and much;
to win the respect of intelligent people and affection of children;
to earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends;
to appreciate beauty;
to find the best in others;
to leave the world a bit better;
whether by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition,
to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived.
This is to have SUCCEEDED!"

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Here's hoping that in the coming year, I can can be successful!

9 comments:

mickey said...

You already are, you just need to embrace your success.

My world is better knowing you.

Mamarazzi said...

Happy Birthday!!

there is a little present for you on my blog for your special day...scroll down a little, it's the grand finale to my current post!

Jen said...

Happy Birthday do you Leeann! I didn't know it was your birthday! I hope you had a super fun day!!! Can't wait to hear all about it!

Tinabean said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
I hope you had a wonderful day & I can't wait to hear about it.

Pam said...

Happy Birthday!!

Mom said...

Happy Birthday daughter. Everyone at work asked me on my birthday if I was 25 - I said sure. That must make you 5. lol Seriously, you are successful daughter, you gave us 4 beautiful and healthy grandchildren and one on the way. To me that is success.

Stacy said...

Happy Birthday!!!!

common mom said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

I hope your birthday was wonderful :-) I LOVE LOVE LOVE birthdays and think that everyone should be treated like a King/Queen on their birthday - it's such a special day :-)

Erin said...

u r def a success and then some!
happy birthday!!