Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Ga-loon!

Thanks to a family friend, we got free tickets into Lagoon (or, Ga-Loon!, if you are one of my children...I find it too cute to correct it). It ended up pouring right before we got there, sending everyone scattering. What did that mean for us? The park was empty! There were no lines...we walked on to every ride! It was overcast...just chilly enough to need long sleeves, so no over-heating like normally happens.
This little 5 year old of mine...is NUTS! She wanted to go on everything this year. She is about 45 1/2 inches tall and all the adult roller coasters require 46 inches. So, depending on which employee measured her, sometimes she got to go on, sometimes she didn't. This girl rode rides (with Uncle Cody), that scared me to look at...never would I get on them! I couldn't believe the stuff she walked off of...with a HUGE smile on her face.
Avery was just beginning to like the rides, here. She got a little scared at first, but they all got in to it by the end of the day. I just love this little mischievous grin!
Dad ended up doing most of the rides with the kids. I started feeling pretty yucky half way through the day and was more than happy to just play photographer.
Bay stuck with Grandma most of the time. Both of them are self-proclaimed "chickens"!
The perfect way to end a long weekend!

2 comments:

suebug said...

Oh my word! Looks like you guys had quite the day! I am glad you all got to go and hang out together! You have such a wonderful family! How did Pat feel during the day?!?!

Pam said...

Looks like so much fun- glad you got to go!