Sunday, September 21, 2008

Complain, Complain, Complain :)

Dear Presley,

I love that I'm having a hard time breathing sometimes, because it means that you are getting big!
I love that you can surprise me with the strength of your kicks, because it means that you are working your muscles.
I love that my ligaments and ab muscles hurt (A LOT! EVERY DAY!), because it means that I did a good job toning them up.
I love that I waddle sometimes and I feel like my hip joints are loose and rolling around, because it means that my pelvis is ready to take on the challenge of another large baby.
I love that my pants fit snug when I sit down, because it means I'll be treated to you trying to kick the waistband. Over and over and over.
I love that you drive me crazy with hiccups, because it means you are working your lungs.
I love that I can barely roll over in bed because my back hurts, that I pee every 20 minutes and that I am exhausted 95% of the time...because it means that you are still inside me, getting stronger and healthier every day.

Love,
Mommy

7 comments:

Pam said...

isn't pregnancy such a love-hate thing? I always hated the aches, pain, and tiredness but what a loving joy at the end!

JLT6907 said...

I couldn't have said it better myself. And just remember, it is all worth it in the end.

Erin said...

what a lovely way to look at things!!

suebug said...

I love being pregnant, isn't that the weirdest thing of all? That we go through, well, Hell, literally- and yet we sigh and grin silly grins, and rub our growing bellies to the point of annoying those around us. We love those aches, pains, and hiccups...cause we know we are helping to incubate something so precious, so unique. I love it....

Steph said...

I feel the SAME way! It's ALL worth it!!

Andrea said...

Pam said it well -- pregnancy is such a love-hate thing! Sounds like you are loving more than you are hating though. So happy things are going so well for you with this pregnancy!!

mickey said...

Knowing she is your last really puts it all into perspective. I love that you love her so much, she's a lucky one.