Sunday, July 13, 2008

Name Change

So....there I am. Sitting in the living room reading the Bed, Bath and Beyond catalog. Never knowing that reading page 5, would possibly change my life. :)
Everyone knows how sure I am that this baby is a girl. I don't know why. I don't have a great record...I was 100% positive all my babies were boys. (Well, 1 out 4 isn't so bad, is it?) This could just be another case of "mistaken identity" and I'm going to have a shock when the u/s tech tells me it's a boy. But, for 5 more weeks, I can be content in knowing it's a girl.
Well, as I read the ad on page 5, the name of the bedding jumped out at me and I thought, "Holy crap! That would be such a cute girl name!" Forget that we have had Sydney (or Sidney, if Josh got his spelling version) picked out since Luke. I fell in love. After quickly polling the family and finding that everyone else loved it, too, we decided to change the girl's name.
Now, before I divulge the name, let me explain my girls' names "theme".
Bailey.
Ryleigh.
Avery.
Each name must be a uni-sex name, end in the "e" sound and have a "y" in it. I don't know why...but it started and so it shall continue. This new name fit all of that perfectly.
So, should my "1 out of 4 times correct" intuition be right and it really is a girl...our daughter will be named Presley. (pronounced "Press-lee", not "Prez-lee")

Funny thing? She's due on Elvis's birthday. It's a sign...I tell you...

13 comments:

Steph said...

Oooo! I love that name!!! Im hoping you get your girl!

Erin said...

o i like that name. different but not off the wall. and maybe the "king" is trying to tell u something!! hopefully u get ur wish.
and i am sorry to hear about ur mom's report. but knowing how much she has to fight for...i bet that will keep her kicking!!

Crystal said...

What is so funny, is that is usually exactly how this sort of things happen. At least to me!

As with Erin, I am so so Sorry about Mom's current report. She is so strong and determined... She is in my prayers.

bequi said...

I LOVE the name Presley for a girl. LOVE.

sheri said...

I LOVE that name! And way crazy about her due date, even. (look, there I go assuming it's a girl, too, lol)

katie said...

my neighbors just named their little girl Presley. Very cute.

Jennifer said...

Does Josh like it too?

Annie said...

cute!

Cassie said...

Love the name...goes perfectly with your others....Great choice...

Nancy Brown said...

Sorry about the report of your mom. I hope you are doing well. I have tagged you and would love to see what you put!

Andrea said...

GORGEOUS!! Your kids all have beautiful names.

Now, what about if it's a boy??

Shellie said...

Cool, it's a sign, but if it's a boy can you use it anyhow? I mean, if "he " is born on Elvis' birthday especially...

Sheila said...

That's a lovely name...maybe 2 s's so peoples like me don't think prez...and think press...

Hugs,
Sheila