Tuesday, July 8, 2008

I'm Pregnant


I'm Pregnant. You know how I know? It's not the fact that Aunt Flow has been missing. It's not the spontaneous puking or the tender chest. It's not the anger that flies from my fingertips like lightening bolts. It's not the headaches.
It's the crying. Everyday. All day. I can't think of the last day I made it through, without tears.
Every little thing makes me cry. It doesn't even have to be something sad...I bawl like a baby.
I found myself sitting in the van yesterday...laughing...at myself...while I was crying.
Because I'm aware that I'm ridiculous. I'm aware that it's the hormones. This has to be a girl and we have to be sharing the estrogen, because it's getting out of control. I've been pretty good about hiding most of it ("No, no, Mommy's not crying...it's my allergies.") because I don't want everyone in my family to think that I need to be committed.
It's those moments when you are alone...and your mind starts to wander...that's when the tears come.
Damn! Even just thinking about it! Here it comes...

12 comments:

Pam said...

Oh girl! That can't be any fun! It has always been strange to me that this wonderful amazing thing like being pregnant can be so darn hard at times.

Steph said...

Oh sweetie! Im with you on the crying. JUST the thought of dinner makes me cry and I find myself crying at commercials and stupid things.

Annie said...

i cry a lot and i'm not pregnant! cry away girl!!!

Mary said...

I get that way, too. It drives me crazy.

Jen said...

I'm with Annie. I cry ALL THE TIME and I'm NOT pregnant. My poor poor hubby when I am pregnant! Watch out!

Stacy said...

I there with ya! One of the guys I work with has cancer, but he's chosen not to fight it this time. He came into work yesterday and was so thin and frail looking, it made me start bawling, but I didnt want him to see it. I had to dart away and lock myself in the restroom until I composed myself. And my poor husband doesnt know what to do, he doenst handle tears well, and I am drowning in them lately! Poor guy!

Mamarazzi said...

aww poor you!

i worry tho...if thats a symptom then i am in big trouble. i am already such a big cry baby, i am screwed when i get pregnant.

mickey said...

I will cry with you, just let it out. A good cry always makes me feel better and a good cry with a friend is priceless.

tinabean1988 said...

OK so I cry like that to & I'm not pregnant so what's my problem then?

Sniz said...

Oh Leeann girl! I can SO identify and I don't even have the pregnancy excuse. I firmly believe my hormones are my "thorn in the side". Seriously.

Hang in there! Sniz

common mom said...

I'm not pregnant . . . what's my excuse???

Cry it out . . . let the tears flow . . . you're baking an alien in your body . . . you're allowed to be a little "out of sorts" for a while ;-)

bequi said...

I'm finally past that. Mostly.