Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Baby Weight

I'm struggling.
I do not write this because I want a lecture (JOSH). I'm just expressing my frustration.
I worked my butt off to lose 50 lbs. It took 9 looooong months. It took saying no, to food I wanted to eat. It took eating less of food I did eat. It took hours and hours of sweating on the track or at the gym. It was slow and it was hard. But, I did it. And I was proud of myself.
I know that I have to gain weight for this pregnancy. I know this. I'm not...I REPEAT: I'm NOT still trying to lose weight. But, I am having a really hard time watching the scale go back up. My common sense is aware that this is going to happen. And it's aware that it's a good thing. But, with that said, it's really hard to watch the numbers go in any direction, but down.
I could hide my scale. But, I'm afraid that if I'm not at least aware of where I am, I'll go waaaaay overboard. I've gained 60+ lbs. with a pregnancy before...I'm sure I could do it again.
My pants are starting - just barely -but starting nonetheless, to get tighter. I've only gained about 3 lbs and at 14 weeks along, I'm okay with that. But dang it...I just got into this size! I don't want to give it up already!
There. My grumblings for the day. I'm done.
On a happy note, my next appointment is in 2 weeks.
The appointment after that? That is the infamous "20 Week Appointment/Ultrasound" *said in a loud, booming voice*. I can't wait to find out if we're having a Sydney or a Paul. Let the countdown begin!

9 comments:

Pam said...

I wish I had some wise words about the baby weight....but sadly I don't. I would be happy to listen anytime you need to vent though! yeah on the 20 week appointment being not too far off. I am excited to find out what you are baking in there! ;)

Crystal said...

I'm sorry sweetie. I'm sure it's hard with all the hard work you have done to lose it. (I of all people know it's not easy.) Just be strong... and it will come off again chasing after 5 kids. But regardless, you are one hot momma!!!

Andrea said...

it SUCKS! plain and simple. you most definitely did work your butt off to lose those 50 pounds (of which I am still in awe of, by the way), and it just SUCKS that in order to fulfill your dream of having another child, you have to jeapordize what you worked so hard at to achieve.

mickey said...

Leeann, you can do it. You can minimize you gain and feel so good about it. I did and I know you can do it too!!!

By the way gaining only three pounds at this point rocks! Like you.

Call me I miss you. Do you think you could stop being so busy? he he he

Stacy said...

I hear ya! I'm feeling the same way. And I am noticing that if I mention anything, not a lot of people understand what I am trying to say, and end up with a nice lecture. Keep up the healthy eating and excercise and you'll do great!

common mom said...

You SHOULD be very proud of yourself and you have every right to feel how you do. You're also a very intelligent woman who knows what's best for you and Saul :-)

Thinkin' about you!

common mom said...

You SHOULD be very proud of yourself and you have every right to feel how you do. You're also a very intelligent woman who knows what's best for you and Saul :-)

Thinkin' about you!

bequi said...

What you need now is cheerleaders who congratulate you on your minimal weight gain. Looks like you have a few already. ;-)

That way you'll see the weight gain as a positive thing!

Way to go! It's probably 3 pound of baby/placenta/uterus/water/boobs anyway.

Steph said...

I'd say you're doing FABULOUS to only have gained 3 lbs at this point. I gained 10lbs in my first trimester with Gabe. Im either losing or maintaining right now, but Im only at 8wks,5ds and Im SOO in maternity pants!!