Friday, June 6, 2008

A Teeny Request

Dear Peanut,

Hi, my teeny one! This is Mommy speaking. Welcome to the world and all of the chaos in it. You have no idea what you're in for...four other kids are awaiting your arrival and ask me daily how big you are now.
Now, know that I love you. I loved you the moment I found out you were real and the moment that I had the ultrasound and you became real. I love your tiny little turtle-looking body and the flicker of your little heart.
With that said...we need to have a serious conversation. I know that Mommy was hell bent on losing weight before your appearance and I was doing pretty well with it. I appreciate your need to help me on this weight loss journey. I think it's great that you are already selfless and looking out for my desires.
HOWEVER, I would like to eat just one meal, that I don't puke up. I would like to be able to take one bite of a noodle, just to see if it's cooked...and not go running to the bathroom 5 minutes later. I would like to wake up in the morning feeling refreshed, not wake up and know that as soon as I move, the nausea will hit like tidal wave.
Why do you like oranges so much? For some reason, it is the only food that seems to make you happy. I love oranges, don't get me wrong, but I'm nervous that I'm going to get an orange tint with the amount that I am eating. Could you crave some pizza? Or pasta? Or a frigging salad, for hell's sake?
I'm hungry. In fact, Mommy is STARVING. So, thank you for helping me reach 50 lbs lost (and more now, I think...), but I'm feeling pretty good about this starting point. How about we go get a bowl of ice cream, like all the other normal pregnant women? Huh?
Love,
Mommy

12 comments:

Steph said...

I had the SAME problem when I was carrying Liv, except she only tolerated swedish fish. I hope peanut gives you a break soon!

katie said...

Oh, you brought back a few memories for me LeeAnn. Sorry it's so rough. Since oranges seem to be okay, I'll suggest orange fanta soda. It's all I wanted during my second pregnancy. I'm thinking of you.

Jen said...

Oh Leeann, I'm feeling for you, really I truly am! I was puking puking puking with both my pregnancies. This post brought it all back to life. I hope you feel better soon. Have you tried Zofran?

Mamarazzi said...

sounds wonderful!!

i hope you are able to get a full meal in soon. for now just enjoy the little reminder that there is a baby growing inside of you each time you puke.

Pam said...

Morning sickness is the worst. And who the heck called it morning sickness- I never had it just in the morning. I think I told you this before, but I had morning sickness until 20-22 weeks with both my kids. Isn't that terrible? Yet someone managed to gain 35 - 40 pounds still each time. Ice cream sounds yummy- I think I will go have a bowl for you ;)

Andrea said...

That was so cute! :)

sorry you're having such a hard time though. i hope it passes quicky!!

Natalie said...

Oh...I'm sorry you're so sick! I haven't been around in awhile, so this is way late, but Congrats on the pregnancy!

kellyo75 said...

Oh, but it's SO worth it, isn't it? I hope it gets better for you so soon!!

bequi said...

At least last night's bean dip seemed to treat you well ;-)

Nancy Brown said...

Ty only let me have fruit punch. You know the kind you get at the gas station. I would drink it all the time.. oh and shaved Ice. Can't get that till summer. I hope you stop puking soon!

Oh and I saw our "GNO" on jens blog. I am glad you "enjoyed it " as much as me!!!

Stacy said...

I love this post, Leann! It made me laugh out loud, only because I know where you are coming from. Hang in there, girl!

common mom said...

I am so thankful I was never sick with either of my kids. I'm lucky lucky lucky!!!

Tomatoes . . . a food I don't particularly like. I eat them, but not often and never plain. When I was prego with Princess, I ordered Tomato Juice on an airplane! I HATE tomato juice! But just HAD to have it. I ate tomatoes for 9 months straight. The minute Princess was born, no more tomatoes.

Princess' favorite food? Tomatoes. Those little shits take over our lives from the minute they're created ;-)