Wednesday, June 25, 2008

The "Short Bus"

Yup. It's really ours. We need the extra space, what with #5 evacuating my uterus in 28 more weeks. It's an accomplishment, I know...not many people out grow a mini-van! :) This is a 12 passenger, that we got shortly before it was going to go to auction. A 2006, for half of what Kelly Blue Book says it's worth. Yay us and our patience and diligence in searching for one of these.

It has double doors on the other side. I did not want a van this large with a sliding door...the kids wouldn't be able to handle it.
Four in the back, three on each of the middle seats and then captain chairs for the driver and passenger. Plenty of room for the family and any friends that tag along. It also has rear air, all the way back, so the kids won't freeze, or get too hot.
And apparently EVERYTHING has to be larger...drink holder, anyone? LOL

13 comments:

Pam said...

Good for you and getting a good deal! That looks like what we borrow to go to Gary's parents house since we have my 4 step kids then too. We don't fit a 'normal' vehicle when we are all together.

Stacy said...

Awesome!

What is it with pregnancy that makes you crave a bigger vehicle anyway? We just upgraded to a big Yukon too. So much for saving on gas money, huh?

Tausha said...

I have missed you my friend. I caught up on you and so glad to read that all is well with you and your family and little rockstar! Congrats on the van! now thats a mom car!! So-just curious-not trying to make you tear up or anything-how much does that baby cost to fill up?

sheri said...

28 weeks?! That makes it sound so soon! Enjoy the short bus!

Jen said...

Is this a Natural Gas short bus? If so, you got it made!! I think I remember Crystal saying you were getting a natural gas van? Anyways, I'm glad you found a great deal on it! YAY!

Coby said...

If we go anywhere you're still driving. I don't know how I'd handle driving the "short bus". I'm glad everything worked out yesterday, as we both knew it would... grumpy butt.

common mom said...

Awesome!!! Our neighbors have 7 (aged 13-1), and they just got one of these. They bought it from a college . . . it has a PA system and everything - so they can give tours ;-)

They love it . . . I hope you like yours as much as they do!!!

mom said...

Very nice Leeann. It reminds me of the blue van we had to carry all you kids. The one that burnt to the ground in Pennsylvania on our hill-billy trip out to Utah. Ours wasn't a Ford though. It was a Chevy. Very very nice. That should hold all your kids now and later. Love ya

Steph said...

That's SOO Awesome!

Mary said...

It's The Mothership! LOL!

katie said...

Way too cool LeeAnn!

bequi said...

We had a blue van like this growing up. Whenever my mom would come to pick us up from school, we'd get at least one confused kid climbing on saying, "Isn't this the daycare bus?"

Watch out!

Also, don't try to drive it around the U. I learned from experience that the curves are too sharp for a van that big and I can pretty much guarantee you will smash in the side of someone's car.

Mamarazzi said...

COOL! congrats on the bigger ride!