Sunday, June 15, 2008

It's Gonna Be A Long Week

So, tomorrow the entire family is leaving for Lake Tahoe. Everyone. My kids. My husband. My in-laws. All my husband's siblings and their kids.
Everyone but me. :(
I can't take the time off work and we didn't want the kids to miss out on the fabulous vacation, so I am going to be home alone. Sounds great, doesn't it? Then why do I feel so crappy? I am going to miss my kids so much! I have never been away from my kids this long and it's breaking my heart that I am going to miss 5 days of their lives.
I have a 2 page list of things that I am going to get done, though, so I will not be bored. I have cleaning and painting and moving furniture and carpet cleaning and organizing to do. Hopefully, I don't pass out by the 3rd day from exhaustion! :)
So, in order for the kids to not forget me...and to give them a little laugh...I put together a little book for them. This is kinda what it looks like:

Mommy Loves You!
This is Mommy. She is very sad that you are all leaving her, to go to Tahoe. She really wants to go with you, but she knows that you are going to have lots and lots of fun with Daddy and Grandma and Grandpa and everyone else. Please don't forget about Mommy and make sure you call her at least once a day.

If Mommy finds out that you are not behaving, or listening to Daddy, she is going to look like this. Please don't hit or kick or yell or bite or pull hair or talk back or get attitude with any of the adults. Always listed to Daddy and make sure you hold hands crossing the street. Make sure you brush your teeth at least once a day, but try to remember to do it twice. Eat some fruits and vegetables, not just candy and french fries. Don't pee on the carpet. Make sure you stick together and keep an eye on one another. Always buckle up.

When you all get home, Mommy will look like this! She will be soooooo happy and have lots of hugs and kisses for you!

Then, the back page has 5 kisses on it...one for each of them, to hold them over until they are home with me.

Here's hoping I survive and get my list completed.
And if I happen to get a pedicure while their gone...so be it! :)

9 comments:

Beth said...

Don't be moving furniture that is too heavy! Take care of that baby!

sheri said...

How freaking cute is that?!

Jen said...

Leeann, you are just adorable! Don't work too hard! I say you rest and relax and try to enjoy some down time :)

Pam said...

That book is too cute! I love it.

I would feel the same way- daily I wish for just a little break from my kids- but the minute I am away from them, I feel sad and want to be home again. What's with mom like us anyway? ;)

Annie said...

You are such a good mom! I love it...

Andrea said...

I am SO jealous!! I would love a week to myself while the rest of the family took off somewhere.

But I understand your feelings too. It's a Mommy thing!

CUTE book!!

:)

common mom said...

A day - I would love.

A week - I would go crazy.

I love quiet and relaxing, but not for too long . . . I have to be moving . . . and the kids give me places to go. I mean, a 35 year old sliding down the slide at the park is just creepy if she didn't bring kids with her ;-)

Have a great week! They'll be back before you know it :-)

Mamarazzi said...

SUPER cute post!!

Steph said...

Such a cute idea for the book! I hope you finish your list and the week goes by quickly!