Thursday, June 19, 2008

Day 3 - Well...

Well...I didn't get the bathroom painted. Or my reading started. BUT, I did do the playroom. It took a few hours! (Darn kids and their too many toys.)
I got the rest of the basement cleaned out (boxes and garbage and extra pieces of carpet were every where.)
More importantly...I got a hot bath. It was fantastic! I stayed in till it got cold! Then, I drained some and FILLED IT UP AGAIN! Glorious. Just glorious.

Sadly, Josh called me today and said that Lukey has been having a rough time. He cries when he wakes up and realizes I'm not there. He wanders the house crying and yelling, "I want my Mommy!" He grabs every one's hands and tries to drag them to the car, so they can take him home. Poor little man. He's never been apart from me this long and he probably wonders why I've abandoned him!
On a good note though, he's decided to really take off on this potty training thing. Josh said that he has been doing great and even goes by himself, with no prompting.
I am SO excited! Do you know how long it's been since we've not had someone in diapers in this house? I can tell you! It's been 6 years, 11 months and 1 day. I know it won't last long (because I'm highly doubting that baby Rockstar will be born potty trained), but I will appreciate it while it exists!

Lastly, I have read quite a few blogs tonight where people are being mean and/or judgemental towards my friends. Some has been in real life, some has been "cyber-meanness." I have to voice my opinion on this. I find this completely unacceptable. I do not tolerate mean or argumentative or judgemental behavior from my children. I will not accept that kind of behavior from an adult. C'mon people...there is enough animosity and intolerance in the world, can't we all grow up and try to change that? How will our children ever learn to be accepting...when they see adults act this way?
"BE the change, you want to see in the world." ~Mahatma Gandhi~

10 comments:

Pam said...

Amen! Something in this world needs to change and it has to start with us! Thank you for saying that,

A hot bath- I am so happy for you!!

Poor Like! Maybe he thinks if he potty trains himself, you will come back to him......whatever works, right?! Sorry he is having a tough time though.

Erin said...

o ur poor lil guy!! it sounds sweet and heartbreaking all at the same time. but at least he's potty trained himself!!
it is amazing that people can be mean over the world wide web. isnt this supposed to be our happy place? geez!
good 4 u 4 enjoying ur hot bath. ur almost done with the week!

Kellan said...

You are PREGNANT!!!!! Congratulations - how exciting and I'm so happy for you. I'm sorry I have not been around to find our this exciting news.

Thanks for coming by and leaving the nice, supportive comment. I've missed you and always have considered you a true friend. Take care and have a good day! Kellan

Andrea said...

Okay -- I finally caught up on your week of posts being home by yourself.

I would LOVE the alone time just like you. In July Les is taking the girls camping for 2 nights, and I can't wait!! The girls keep trying to convince me to come along with them, but I stand firm. NOPE! This is a daddy-daughter tradition and I will not interfere with that. :) Sadly, I have to work one of the 2 days that they will be gone...but I will still enjoy my alone time!!

As for the negative comments going around these days...I just don't get it either. I just shake my head. What is this world coming to??

Jen said...

Well, I say amen to Pam's amen! Why in the world do people find it necessary to be mean? SHEESH!

I'm glad you got to sit in the bath and relax! Don't worry that you didn't get the room painted. You've accomplished more in a few days than I will in a given year, I swear. You're amazing!!!

Oh and yay for you little man! Potty training with no prompting is AWESOME!!! He'll be home soon enough and you can snuggle him and then snuggle some more :)

common mom said...

Yay for you! Clean toy room, hot bath . . . must feel darn good :-)

And yay for your little man on the potty training! Sorry he's having a rough time without, and I'm sure it's not easy for you to hear he's sad :-( That's one of the good things that came from Hubby being a pilot and gone so much - from day 1, my kids always understood that when someone leaves, they come back. And that voice on the phone really is the actual person, even if they can't hear you. My how that's helped us out, even when I have to leave for a few days.

Your little man will be home soon to snuggle and cuddle and hug :-)

Steph said...

Yay for a hot bath and a potty training boy! :) Im sorry Luke is having a rough time and that people feel the need to be mean and stupid!

tinabean1988 said...

I'm sorry about your little mans heart ache.
It is so hard when they miss mom all you want to do is just fill them in your arms and tell them you'll never let them go. I wish they stayed kittle longer.

I'm so glad you got your log soak, I do the same thing (empty & refill) sometimes a good soak is exactly what us moms need.

I agree with you on the comments. I view this (Blogs) as a place to make new friends & rekindle old ones again.
We should all use the "If you can't say anything nice, then don't say anything at all" concept.
What's so hard about being loving & kind?

Mamarazzi said...

awww poor Luke...what a cutie! and no prompt potty, awesome!

SERIOUSLY!! what is wrong with adults acting like that? i get my fair share of blog-b!tches...grow up, right?! i will NEVER understand that kind of stuff, like EVER!

bequi said...

Tell me who is being mean and I will abuse company resources to track them down and start sending them mean postcards.