Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Day 2 - Do I Dare?

Do I dare say this out loud? Would it make me a bad Mom?
Come closer...I'll whisper it...then it doesn't really count.
I'm enjoying my quiet time.
I like being alone.
I like showering without someone kicking on the door.
I like eating when I want to eat.
I like that I don't have to make the rounds to shut off lights.
I like that no one is here to steal the remote from me.
I like making a plate of food...and eating it by myself.
Yeah, that's right, I don't like to share.
I like sleeping through the entire night.
I like that I am not tripping over toys and shoes.
I like being able to sit. And stay sitting. No need to get up for chocolate milk.
Or a snack.
Or because someone pee'd on the rug.
Oh yeah. I'm liking it.
I must be a bad Mom.
But I'm okay with that.

10 comments:

Pam said...

NO way- you are not a bad mom. Just a mom who needed and deserved a rest. So glad you are enjoying it and taking advantage of the quiet time.

Erin said...

u totally deserve this time so enjoy it!!

Mamarazzi said...

of course you are not a bad mom...silly girl. alone time is sometimes very needed. AND you are still taking care of little Rockstar sooooo you arent totally alone...right?!

Hi I'm Sheila! said...

Oh to only get things done.
It must be quite nice to have the break and be able to get things done. I trying to clean and organize our schoolroom today and I wonder how some moms get so much done because I can't with 4 children 12 and under in the house.


Hugs,
Sheila

Jen said...

Um, if that makes you a bad mom, I'M HORRIBLE!! I'm glad you decided to sit back and enjoy the peace and quiet! It must be wonderful! We all LOVE our children dearly, but as you well know, we need a break more often than not!

Candygirlflies said...

You can't be a bad mum, because then I DREAD to think what they'd call ME.

You're just having a much-needed and well-deserved break, sweetie. I give you another 24 hours before you're LONGING for spilled sippy cups and a bathroom that looks like a cyclone hit!

Enjoy the P&Q!!

xoxo CGF

Sniz said...

OK, with all those kids and one on the way, when do you get to be a "bad mom" and enjoy your quiet time?

Love ya! Sniz

common mom said...

You're not a bad mom . . . you're HUMAN!

I can't tell you how much I LOVE LOVE LOVE my Wednesdays that I have off from work . . . doing whatever I want to do when I want to do it without the constant interruption. Of course I love having my kids around, but man is it so nice to have that break every now and then.

Enjoy it while you can!!! You'll soon have all the pitter pattering you can take right back where it belongs :-)

Stacy said...

Bad mom?!? Whatever! I absolutely enjoy days like you are having. Enjoy the productivity and take time to be yourself - put the mom behind! Yay for you!

bequi said...

I guess that would make me a bad wife because my marriage wouldn't survive without time away from my husband. I'm sure I'll feel the same way about kids.