Thursday, June 12, 2008

Crisis Averted

After some cramping last night (that, dang it, is still going on now) and some bleeding this morning, I called the doc.
He is in surgery all day on Thursdays, so they paged him at the hospital. When he called, I explained what was going on and he advised me to call his office and let them know I was coming in for an ultrasound.
I am happy to report that everything looked just great. The tech couldn't see a cause for the bleeding (which she said is not unusual, they were just happy to see no hemorrhaging) and baby "Rockstar" (perfect nickname, don't you think?) was just flopping around, happy as can be. The heartbeat was a strong 163 and the sound of it released so much tension, that I didn't realize I was holding.
"Rockstar" doesn't look much different, but is measuring correctly and has little, teeny "arm buds" that were flapping about.
I can't wait to be able to go back in ten more weeks and find out if Lukey's getting a brother...or yet another sister! :)
I'm putting in my vote now, that it's a girl. Sorry, Luke.

11 comments:

Crystal said...

Many prayers were sent to heaven this morning on behalf of you and baby rockstar my dear sweet friend. Heavenly Father holds you in his hands and continues to work mighty miracles. I love you dearly and I'm so glad you and Rockstar are doing well.

Jen said...

Oh, this is such wonderful news! I was praying this morning that all would be okay! I'm so glad you went in and you were able to hear the heartbeat, etc. What a sigh of relief! Now, go rest rest rest and then rest some more please :)

Regina said...

Whew!
I'm glad that things are A-OK!

By the way I have an award for you over at my spot!

Pam said...

I'm so glad that everything is okay. You know I will be praying for you and little Rockstar!

Candygirlflies said...

I'm really glad you went in, Leann. Learning to follow your gut instincts is a BIG part of motherhood, even before the baby is born!! So glad all looks healthy and FINE.

Now, you put those feet UP, girl... and keep them there, if you possibly can!

Lots and lots of love, CGF xoxo

Andrea said...

HALLELUJAH!!!

Oh Leeann, I am SO happy to read that positive report.

Rockstar is a tremendously wonderful nickname!!!

I can't wait to find out either if it's a boy or a girl...you will share the news with us, right??

Beth said...

Great news! Keep your head up and stay positive. God will take care of things.

Mamarazzi said...

DUDE...i am seriously taking ALL OF THE CREDIT for the awesome nickname...just so you know! (ummm you can refer to my comment suggesting it if you forgot how it came to be! *wink*)

i am glad you went to see the doctor. always a good idea!

HUGS!!

Erin said...

What took you so long?? I am so glad everything turned out ok!!! I think we are all breathing a huge sigh of relief for u!

Steph said...

Im SO glad everything is ok!! You are in my continued prayers!

common mom said...

Oh yeah!!! That is FANTASTIC news! I've been waiting anxiously for some news . . . I'm so glad it's all good.

I think little dude will finally get a brother ;-)