Saturday, May 3, 2008

There Is A Special Place In Heaven...

...for a Mommy like me.

One Load of Laundry =
COMPLETE MASS DESTRUCTION OF MY KITCHEN
I just went upstairs to do one load. Just one. It doesn't take very long. Ten, maybe twelve minutes. I came downstairs to find the 1 year old and 3 year old having a GREAT time. The only thing I didn't get a picture of, was the great big smiley face, drawn in SHARPIE on my kitchen table. I freaked and wiped that up right away. (Mr. Clean Magic Erasers are my friend.)
What you are witnessing here, is a large amount of Frank's Red Hot Sauce, a Costco sized amount of chocolate milk mix, and some cereal thrown in, for fun.


Yeah, it wasn't just the table that was violated. The entire kitchen floor was also accosted at the hands of the little villains.
Some beautiful flowers also met their death, at the hands of the mischief makers.
Oh! Did I forget the mention the 60+ feet of ribbon that was also strung out amidst the hot sauce and chocolate milk mix?
When I caught them, Luke was drinking the hot sauce from the measuring cup. Drinking it. There goes that punishment for talking back. He LIKES his mouth on fire, apparently.
Do not be confused. That IS chocolate cereal floating in the flower vase. They are very creative.
The hot sauce ran down his chin and covered his belly. All body parts that came in contact with the hot sauce (and the rug, stairs and walls) are now stained a lovely shade of orange. That ought to be fun to explain at church tomorrow.These two are the gifts that keep on giving. While I ran to grab body wash, they took a cup and poured water all over the floor. Two inches of water. Don't they look pretty damn proud of themselves?
Yes, I did let them live. This time.

15 comments:

Candygirlflies said...

Oh, yes, there is undoubtedly a special place in heaven waiting just for you...

And I couldn't help noticing amidst the chaos... THAT VASE OF FRESH FLOWERS ON THE TABLE!! Are you awesome or what?? Just call you "Saint Martha", I guess...

You deserve a bubble bath and a glass of wine tonight, my dear.

xoxo CGF

Kelly said...

Thank you! I needed a post like this. For the last few days I have had my niece and nephew which pputs my kid quota to 4 instead of 2. I'm glad to see that disaster areas are just part of the deal.

Your kiddos are tooooo cute. I love their creativity!

Andrea said...

i love how we first take pictures before cleaning up. :)

Pam said...

Oh my goodness! Uhm, at least they played nicely together....I was trying to look at the positive there. Sorry about the mess but so glad you took pictures to share with all of us!

katie said...

Hmmmmm....sounds strangely familiar.

Amy said...

Huh? These kids did this? These two little smiling faces? No way, they're too cute to do that to their mother. hehehe... wow I'm amazed!!! I will never complain about my children throwing toys everywhere, again... toys are much better than red hot sauce! how funny. It takes a great mom to pause and laugh a little... good job.

sheri said...

I've got a 2.5yo girl I can throw into that mix. Course, that would mean you and I would require a week at a spa, but whatever.

Tausha said...

DAMN kids! That is all that I have to say about that one.

So glad that she is doing well after her surgery. i hear that is not a fun surgery, so she is one tough cookie. i have never had to have my kids do any surgery-me-that is another story-I am sure that was really scary for you. Glad that everything turned out ok.

I am so JEALOUS about your toes. They look super cute. iknow that it is just a pedi-but I have not had a second to get one-so i am jealous-that's it-I am going this week. You inspired me, rather your toes did. Thanks-your the best!

Jennifer said...

Oh my!! I don't think I'd be as calm as you are posting about it
;0)

I hope Bailey is feeling all better now!

suebug said...

hehehehehehheheeh!!!!!!!!!!!! OH!!!! THE JOYS OF MOTHERHOOD DEAR!!!!

Crystal said...

I must admit, I have a special place in my heart for that little Avery. She is a ball of fire... and Luke is getting pretty hot himself... maybe it's the hotsauce he's drinking???

Regina said...

Oh My!!!
You will be sitting right next to God for this one!!

Mamarazzi said...

OH NO!! you deserve mother of the year for this little episode! wow

you have some serious patience, impressive

common mom said...

Oh MAN!!! Yes, a VERY special place is waiting, just for you!!!

bequi said...

I have no idea how I will handle that when it happens to me (as I'm sure it will). Ugh.

Congratulations on not killing anyone!