Saturday, May 10, 2008

Team - Running For Mom

Mom did it! She walked 3.1 miles! We were so excited that we ALL got to cross the finish line. Thank you to EVERYONE that participated...we had such a great time. A few friends had to drop out at the last moment due to either a car accident, an emergency surgery or moving stress...but know that you were not forgotten and we hope you are able to join us next year.

Mom had support from all of us, through the whole walk. There was no way that we were going to leave her behind.

We crossed the finish line as one.

Mom, with me, Cody and the newlyweds (who drove down from Park City and gave up a morning of their honeymoon to join us!), Brittney and Nate


Some of my best friends. Thanks for coming to support Mom!

During the walk, Brittney said, what I was thinking. We were just about to cross the finish line and she turned to Mom and said, "You did it, Mom! You finished! Last year, we didn't think you would be with us this year."
I know I was fighting off the tears, because all year I have had the same thought. I know that at some point I will run "In Memory of Mom", instead of "In Celebration of Mom". But, it wasn't this year. And I pray it won't be next year. Or the next. Or the next...

14 comments:

Mamarazzi said...

awesome! i was tearing up while reading this and then got to the last line and you had me in my mfull boo hoo ugly cry...

blessings...beautiful, blessings!

Mamarazzi said...

oh and you look FANTASTIC!

Pam said...

Okay- this here blog of yours....it makes me tear up and cry! I was getting teary eyed through the whole thing, but the picture of yo all crossing the finish line together- that one did me in. I just wish I live near you so I could have walked too. You and your family are an inspiration. Here is to many more years of Mom crossing that finish line!

by the way- you are looking HOT!

Candygirlflies said...

Praying, right along with you.

Congratulations!!!

And a great big (((hug))) to your mom, from me.

xoxo CGF

Andrea said...

Mamarazzi and Pam said everything best. But I'll still say what I'm thinking, even if it's duplicated:

first off -- girl, you have a way with making people teary-eyed! (it's a good thing)

and -- here's to your mom crossing that finish line MANY more times!!

third -- you look FANTASTIC!!

Mamarazzi said...

AND...there is a little love waiting for you on my blog.

you. are. welcome.

Jen said...

Oh Leeann, how I wish I could of been there. What a wonderful post and full of emotion. Here's to many more precious years with mom!

Pam said...

Just stopping by to say Happy Mother's Day!

Katz said...

I'm glad you guys got to share that moment. Here's to MANY more finish lines with your Mom!

Annie said...

I thought about you all morning...atleast when I was awake!! Next year...How amazing!!! Way to go.

Shellie said...

I love the SURVIVOR shirt! Hope she stays for a long time!

Pat Garrard said...

Thank you for getting me over the finish line, I know you could have gone soooo much faster but instead you chose to help me and you gave me the extra courage and strength to keep going even though I wanted to quit many times. This walk meant alot to me for some reason. Thanks for your love. Mom

common mom said...

Congratulations to all of you - this is excellent!!!

Here's to another year with Mom :-)

suebug said...

I was honored to be a part of it- I love Pat...I couldn't have asked for a better experience, with a group of better people. WE ROCK!!