Wednesday, May 28, 2008

A Positive Plus A Positive Equals A Positve

Short version: WE'RE PREGNANT!


Long version: A month after my D & C, (so, on 5/3/08) I still hadn't gotten a period, so we thought we'd take a test, just for fun. Wouldn't you know? It came up positive!

Well, after googling and thinking, we realized that it could just be left-over hormones from the baby we lost. So, on 5/6/08, we took another one...second positive! After a call to the doc, I went in for a quantitative HCG test. (Fancy way of answering the question: "Dude, how much pregnancy hormone is swimming in my blood?")

The results came in at 880...meaning that I was right about where I should be for a new pregancy....or...most likely, some tissue was left from the surgery. So, I had to go in 5/12/08 for another HCG test. Dr. Stowers said that if the numbers were about the same, then we would schedule an ultrasound, to check for tissue. If any tissue was found, I'd have to go back in for another surgery.

He called the morning of 5/13/08 and said that level had gone from 880 to 8944! I was shocked! He got me right over to the receptionist and scheduled my first appointment for today. Funniest thing though...I was cleaning the house before the call and let's face it, no one likes doing that. So, to entertain me, I had my MP3 player in one ear (so that the other ear was still tuned in to every fight, yell and scream coming from the kids). On comes the song "Arms Wide Open" by Creed. This is the song that I used to play for Bailey when she was in my belly. (I love, love, love this song, but actually haven't listened to it for years. I just added it to my MP3 player a couple weeks ago.) If you've never heard it, it's about a couple finding out that they are expecting and knowing that their whole world is about to change. Wouldn't you know? During this song is when the doc called. Ooooo....creepy!

I'm so nervous. I heard the question once, "What is the hardest jump to do in figure skating?" The answer was, "The one you do right after a fall." For some reason, that stuck with me and that explains how I feel about this pregnancy. This is going to be the hardest pregnancy, because it's happening right after a losing a baby.

However, after seeing the little peanut on ultrasound today, and seeing the little flicker of the heart, I have calmed down a bit. It seems that this peanut wants to stick around! So, here's hoping that the horrid morning sickness all freaking day sickness doesn't hang out too much longer. But if it does...that's okay...WE'RE HAVING A BABY!

22 comments:

Crystal said...

YOU'RE HAVING A BABY!!! It's stuck and I am SO excited! Congratulations my friend. This is one lucky child to have you as it's mommy.

Andrea said...

HOORAY! HOORAY! HOORAY! HOORAY! Leeann, I am SO incredibly excited for you!!

I know losing that baby was unbelievably difficult for you, but you have been given another chance to hold a baby in your arms. HOORAY! HOORAY! HOORAY! HOORAY!

Oh, and one more thing:

HOORAY! HOORAY! HOORAY! HOORAY!

Stacy said...

Oh my gosh! I am SOOOO happy for you, Leann! Woohoo!

My doctor is Dr Stowers, too! How crazy is that? I thought I was the only one who was driving out of the county for OB appointments. We should carpool! Haha!

Jen said...

Oh Leeann, I'm just so unbelievably excited for you!!! Congratulations to you and your sweet family :)

Mamarazzi said...

YAY!! i am glad you made the fab news official!!

i am STILL doing the happy dance for you, so exciting and wonderful!

what a blessing!

Steph said...

YAY!YAY!YAY!! Im SOO happy for you!!

Melessa said...

Congratulations! I'm so, so very thrilled for you and your family.

De said...

As much as I hated morning sickness, I would never complain because that meant that I was still pregnant. You're right... this may be the hardest but it will probably be the sweetest too. Congrats girl!

Amy said...

Congratulations! I'm so excited for you!

common mom said...

OH MY - HOW EXCITING!!! I'm actually sitting here at my desk clapping for you with a huge smile on my face. Guess I'll have to explain that to my coworkers ;-)

But yay for you - it's all about you and baby - how friggin' exciting!

I can't wait to hear more as you go through pregnancy . . . and have I mentioned how excited I am for you??!!!

Tammy said...

Congrats! So exciting.

bequi said...

YEAH!!!!!!!!! That's fantastic news!!!!!!

Pam said...

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!! YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!YEAH!!!!!!!!!! I could go on and on! I AM SO THRILLED FOR YOU! I know it will be hard and you will be nervous- but YEAH!!!!!!

I was struck with terrible morning sickness with both my kids. I don't wish that on anyone- hopefully you feel better soon!

Shellie said...

How exciting!!!!!!!!!

Candygirlflies said...

Bless you, sweetie... Bless you.

xoxo CGF

Sharon said...

Yay! Congrats! We're probably both due at the same time! Fun fun!

sheri said...

Oh man, YAY!!!! That's what I get for not coming by your blog lately. I'm so giddy for you!

tinabean1988 said...

Hi my name is Tina I found your blog surfing through my friends, friend lists.
I hope you don't mind.
I just wanted to tell you the same thing happened to me & my next pregnancy I got TWINS!!!
A baby is such a blessing congrats.

Mary said...

What wonderful news!

Cassie said...

Congratulations!!! I am so happy for you guys!!! I had HORRIBLE morning sickness with my last pregnancy...I feel for you girl...but "this too shall pass" and then you will be blessed beyond imagination with a new little family member.....God Bless....

Erin said...

o that is so wonderful!! yeah!! i don't know anyone pregnant right now and was beginning to wonder when it would happen again. i am so happy 4 u! they say morning sickness is a good sign! can't wait to hear all the updates

kellyo75 said...

Congratulations! I am so incredibly happy for you. You are very, very blessed. :-)