Monday, May 26, 2008

Mean People Suck

My family has been going through HELL for the last week. I apologize for being slightly cryptic with this post, but I do want to be careful with what I say and who I accuse. (Even though I KNOW who the MEAN PEOPLE are, that SUCK in this post.)
We came home from shopping last Friday, to find a business card from someone from DCFS stuck to our front door. I assumed that it was someone finally following up on Skylie's case. (She was appointed a guardian ad litem, when we got custody of her...but no one ever contacted us about her.)
After calling her, she advised that she didn't want to talk about it over the phone and asked if she could come over. I told her that was fine and she arrived about 15 minutes later.
The things she had to say made me SICK! Absolutely SICK. Someone called in and reported a case against us, involving my two oldest children. Think of the WORST reason that DCFS would get involved...that's what was reported. My husband and I were absolutely devastated. I won't write exactly what was said, but I assure you, just listening to it, you could tell how absolutely FAKE it was. However, DCFS still felt the need to follow up on it.
SERIOUSLY? I called DCFS, HOW MANY TIMES about Skylie? And they NEVER did a thing. But, they have the nerve, to sit me down, in my home after ONE report (that the case worker called "bogus" and advised that she tried to get it thrown out) and tell me that my children will now have to go to the Children's Justice Center and be interviewed and have that interview taped? That they will be shown anatomically correct dolls and be asked questions that my children don't need to hear?
As you can imagine, I shut down for a day or two. I knew immediately who had called this in. I knew that this was some sort of sick "revenge" for the court case we had won. The other things already reported and filed falsely against my extended family resulted in nothing, so this was a quick way to get a rise out of my little family. It's not enough that my parents were receiving 3-6 harassing and threatening phone calls a day from this family....let's try and screw with us by getting to my kids.
Ever seen a pissed off Momma Bear? Well, that's the mode I went in to. I had to wait until Monday, and I called the cop that was put in charge of this case. I gave him a quick rundown of the "family" that I know called this in. I advised him of the precautions that we take in our home and that if anything were going on, I would know. After listening to me, he advised that even before I called, he had read the case and knew it was nothing. He said that there is nothing in there, that justifies me bringing my children up to the Justice Center for an interview. He said that, at most, an in-home interview may be done (which I agreed to), but that he would call DCFS about this, for us.
I was so relieved, I cried. I have done NOTHING wrong. My husband has done NOTHING wrong. We simply knew that a little baby was not being cared for properly, and fought tooth and nail to get her in our SAFE AND LOVING HOME.
All I can hope on now, is karma. These crazy people, that think it is funny to screw with little kids, will get theirs. Something horrible will happen to them and I will be standing on the sidelines APPLAUDING.

13 comments:

Pam said...

I have no idea how you deal with it all and still manage to be so loving and caring and not be bitter and spiteful to the world. You are amazing.

I CANNOT believe that someone would do this to you or any family. This is horrible and terrible and I am angry that anyone would do such a thing. You don't mess with children like that. Good for you and getting it taken care of quickly!

Jen said...

OH MY GOSH!!! Leeann! Can I go smack those people around that did this to not only you and your husband, but your precious children. This made me so full of aggression for your sake! I truly hope the cop lives up to his word and gets this taken care of and your children will be involved as little as possible! Moreover, I hope the people/family that did this to you gets "theirs" sometime very very soon. You open your heart and home to help a young baby in need and this is what the world throws at you. I applaud you and all your strength and compassion. You are one amazing woman!

Mamarazzi said...

this is sooooo unbelievable! horrible, just horrible. there is a special place in hell for people like that...i hope they find their way there soon.

gross!

suebug said...

I love you, i love Josh, and I will stand by you 100% in this mess. People sometimes are so low in their attempts at "revenge" but those who know you and your precious family know the truth...and the truth is. You and Josh are AMAZING, loving, protecting, sheltering, faithful parents, and I'll kick anyones ass whose says differently!!!!!!!

Erin said...

i am so sorry for u. u have done nothing but good things. u will get thru this. be strong. just remember...karma....

Candygirlflies said...

Oh, sweetie...

(((hug)))

xoxo CGF

kellyo75 said...

LeeAnn,
I am so so sorry you are having to deal with this. I do hope Karma finds who did this, because it is SO wrong what you have been put through. (((HUGS!)))

Rachel said...

Dang girl! Im try not to be a pessimist but Ive heard it said...No good deed goes unpunished! Sometimes I believe it to be true. So sorry, if you need anything (like a witness of some sort) you know my number.

Steph said...

((HUGS)) Sweetie! Im SOO sorry! I cant imagine how someone could do that to your children. It's one thing to mess with you and your husband... but your kids??? DISGUSTING!

common mom said...

People just don't understand that you can't uncall DCFS . . . and to try to mess with your KIDS! Adult to adult is one thing, but the minute someone tries to drag my kids in to something, the fangs come out.

You are an amazing woman.

You know what you've done and are doing is right.

I used to have a shirt that said Mean People Suck . . . I wish I could send you one!

bequi said...

My aunt (who everyone hates) pulled that on my dad once. I'm so sorry and I'm glad everyone realizes those people are LIARS.

sheri said...

Holy sh**! Are you kidding me?!

kellyo75 said...

I am so sorry this happened to you. Hugs, Leeann!