Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!

(I got this in an e-mail, but took the liberty to change it up a bit, to match my life.)
Somebody said it takes about six weeks to ge back to normal after you've had a baby.
That somebody doesn't know that once you're a mother, "normal" is history.
Somebody said that it is nine months up and nine months down, with your weight loss, after a baby.
That somebody didn't get pregnant again, when the last baby was only six months old.
Somebody said that being a stay at home Mom is boring.
That somebody never facilitated an orchestra of breakfast, school drop-offs (at 3 different schools), school pick-ups (at 3 different schools), two soccer practices, nap times, laundry, lunchtime, cleaning, math homework, dinner, baths and bedtime...all in one day. Welcome to a typical Wednesday in my house.
Somebody said that if you are a "good" mother, your child will turn out "good."
That somebody thinks that my three-year-old comes with directions and volume control.
Somebody said that "good" mothers never raise their voices.
That somebody has never walked into her child's room to discover every wall covered with marker and/or poop.
Somebody said that you can't love the fourth child as much as you love the first.
That somebody doesn't have four children.
Somebody said that your mother knows your love her, so you don't need to tell her.
That somebody isn't a mother.
Happy Mother's Day, to all the Mother's in my life. The Mother that gave birth to me and raised me for 17 years. The Mother that gave birth to my husband and raised him to be a wonderful person. The Mother, that gave birth to my Mother...who has always made me feel extra special. The Mothers that I call friends...that teach me everday, how to be a better Mother and person. I love and appreciate each and every one of you.

9 comments:

Pam said...

That is a wonderful poem to share. Happy Mother's Day!

Jen said...

I love that poem! Have a very Happy Mother's Day Leeann! :)

Candygirlflies said...

Happy Mother's Day, Leann...

Love you.

xo CGF

Erin said...

how fitting!! happy mother's day!

Andrea said...

i LOVED that, girl! LOVED it!!

happy mother's day, my friend!

ps: LOVE the new family pictures on the sidebar.

Shellie said...

That was all soooo true! Happy Mother's Day to you too!!

Sniz said...

What a lovely poem. I'd heard some of it before, but I love your changes! Way to go on the weight-loss, BTW!

Sniz

Regina said...

Thanks Leeann! Awesome! Happy belated Mother's Day to you! I love the pictures in your sidebar especially the top family photo, it is beautiful!

bequi said...

Happy Mother's Day! I'm late.