Saturday, May 17, 2008

Happy Birthday Luke!















My baby boy, how are you already 2 years old? It seems like just yesterday, that I found out we were expecting a boy. I was so scared...how was I going to raise a son? After three girls, I pretty much had that down...but this boy thing...was gonna throw me for a loop.

If only I could tell my pregnant self, what I know now. That you are the most precious little man I have ever known. That you would soften my heart in a way I never knew possible. That when you look at me, it brings tears to my eyes. That when I look at you, I see the little boy that you are and the man that you will become.

What an awesome responsibility I was given, on the day of your birth. It is up to me, to raise you to be an honorable, trustworthy, loyal, hardworking and sensitive man. The way that I raise you, will reflect forever on the world. The kind of husband and father you will someday be, will be determined by how well I did my job.

I love you, my little man. Thank you for making me smile and laugh, every single day. Thank you for loving me unconditionally.

Love, Mommy

9 comments:

Mamarazzi said...

awww he is the sweetest little man. what a lovely letter to him on his big 2nd birthday!!

Happy Birthday Luke!!

Jen said...

Happy Birthday Luke!! The picture of him in the skirt and crown made me LOL. . .literally! He's adorable! Hope you all had a fun day :)

Kellan said...

He is so adorable - I love all those pictures! Happy Birthday to your sweet Luke - I hope it is the best!!

Nice to see you today - take care - Kellan

Pam said...

Happy Birthday Luke! What a happy little man! Being the mom to a son -- it is just great, isn't it?

Stacy said...

What cute pictures! Love 'em!

Tausha said...

What a great little tribute to your little man! It is so great to post ideas and feelings like this, sometimes we forget the reason why we blog-this is it. A way that we can always remember how fabulous our little people are!

Your 3 year old really? Enjoyable? are you sure this is not just a one day stage? Is she closer to 4 than 3? If this is really how it is-then please-share your secrest because 3 at my house is still the blue eyed devil!

Of course you can particiapte in the swap. I just did a differnt post cause I figured everyone was sick of reading the same thing over and over again.
Like i said-it will take place the first tuesday in june. watch the blog for all the details.

Ok-i think i said everyhing i wanted to say. SOrry so long-just haven't gotten over here in a while!

Steph said...

Aww! Happy Birthday!!

katie said...

He's dalring LeeAnn. I think he and my Matthew could do some serious damage.

Crystal said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LUKE!! You are beyond adorable and I can't wait to meet you!