Thursday, April 10, 2008

My Thoughts On Everything - 300th Post

Everyone came up with some tough questions! Here we go...

>What do you love most about hubby?
He is my best friend. I can tell him anything and he will listen. But the thing I love most? He is the most wonderful Dad. He has patient and understanding ways, that calm the insanity of our home. Our children are so lucky to have him as their father.

>What do you love most about each of your kids?
Bailey is so kind and thoughtful, but she also has my temperment. It can drive me crazy, but it's like watching myself grow up.
Ryleigh is a little mother. She is very tender and caring. I love watching her take care of her babies and get excited about everything Skylie does. She is going to make a great mother one day.
Avery is a fireball. You never know what is going to come out of that kid's mouth, or what she is going to do next. She can be incredibly frustrating, but when she climbs on your lap and cuddles in close, there is no way that you can't forgive all.
Luke is my Little Man. He made me the Mother of a Son and there is nothing like that feeling. I love his little voice and all his little quirks. I love when he walks up to me with a goldfish cracker in his grimy little hand and says, "Eat, Mama!"

>Where is your dream vacation?
Italy. While I cannot stand to read about history or art, I think it would be fabulous to see all that first hand.

>Do you like ketchup on scrambled eggs?
I don't mind it, but I prefer salsa.

>What do you like to do to relax/for fun (besides blogging)?
I love to read and scrapbook, but I'm so tired by the time I get time to relax...I usually spend it cuddled under a blanket with Josh, watching a movie...which I don't mind at all!

>For what in your life are you most grateful?
The love of the people in my life. The most important people in my life accept me for who I am. That is priceless.

>If you were at a dinner party and were offered a dish you had never tried, would you want to taste it even if it sounded strange and not appealing?
Depends. Are we talking about a dish that I've just never had before? Or Rocky Mountain Oysters? I have to draw the line somewhere! :)

>Whom do you admire most? In what way does this person inspire you?
My husband. He has been through so much in his life (some things were not his choice and others were of his own choosing) and overcame it to become the most wonderful father and husband.

>What would constitute a "perfect" evening for you?
We would have a wonderful dinner, all together as a family, in which no one yelled, or danced on the table, or threw food. After showers and family prayer, the kids would go to bed, without a fight. Josh and I would snuggle on the couch and watch a movie. If a back rub got thrown in for me...I'd be game! :)

>If you could change one thing about the way you were raised, what would it be?
I would have lived closer to my grandparents. We moved across the country when I was 11 and I miss them a lot. They missed out on many things in my life, that I wish they could have been apart of.

>What do you value most in a relationship?
Trust.

>What things are too personal to discuss with others?
Depends on who the "others" is. I will discuss some things with some people, that I wouldn't discuss with others. If I don't feel that I am going to be judged, I will usually discuss anything. If I feel like I will be confronted in any way, I will close myself off. Only a few people truly know all of me.

>What do you like best about your life? Least?
Best: When you really break it down, I have everything I need. I may want for a lot of things, but I have what I need. We are very blessed. Least: Josh works night shifts half the time. I hate sleeping alone.

>Would you be willing to eat a bowl of live crickets for $50,000?
How big is the bowl? Anything over 5 crickets and I'm not playing.

>If you were guaranteed honest responses to any 3 questions, who would you question and what would you ask?
My "Father" Sperm Donor: "Why'd you run away?"
Josh: "Do you really mean it when you say that I am beautiful and my "Mommy Body" doesn't bother you?"
Mom: "Are you afraid to die?"

>If you were face to face with Sylvia Brown (the psychic), what would the one question you would ask her and why?
"Will all of my children be happy as adults?" It is incredibly important to me that I raise happy, well-rounded, adjusted, tolerant children. I don't care what they do (as long as it's legal), but I care that they are happy and proud of the choices they have made in life.

>What is your favorite childhood memory?
Eating lunch at my Meme's house and playing Trouble. She always made time for me.

>I wanna know what the soundtrack of your life would consist of.
"Life Ain't Always Beautiful" by Gary Allan
"Amazed" by LoneStar
"Let Them Be Little" by Billy Dean
"Then They Do" by Trace Adkins

>Who is best contender for President?
If I have to choose, which honestly, I think they all suck...I'd have to go with Clinton. I know, I know. But, Obama wants to dismantle NASA and that puts my husband out of a job. McCain is just so freaking old and staunch in his views. Let's give the Clinton household another shot at it. Maybe the damn gas prices will drop below $3.00 a gallon again, if we get someone in office that isn't a Texas oil king.

>What are your views on illegal immigration?
Welcome to my country. I offer you all the opportunities that I have. However, please enter legally and please learn English. Please do not fly your country's flag above the USA flag on the flag pole. That is called disrespect.

>How did you know Josh was "the One"?
There was no "defining moment." Love is not a thing you fall in to...you grow in to it. I know he is the "One" every time I see him hold one of our children. Or when he holds me when I cry. Or when he forgives me when I'm being unreasonable. Or when he goes to work everyday, so that I don't have to. Or when he encourages me to chase my dreams.

>What is the worst date you've ever been on?
The first date that Josh and I went on. He didn't talk the entire night and when I offered to pay...HE LET ME. I didn't like him one bit. When he asked me out again, I agreed, but knew it would be the last time. But, when he protected me from the scary monsters at my first haunted house and then dropped his Pepsi on my foot when we kissed (yeah, I'm that good!)...I figured he had potential! :)

>Your most embarassing moment?
To get hired on at Discover Card, you have to be drug tested. I went to the testing facility and they actually don't let you close the bathroom door all the way! The lady doing the test stood outside the partially closed door and waited! I got performance anxiety and I couldn't pee! I had to bring the empty cup back out and tell her that I couldn't go. I was a mortified 17 year old.

>If you could be twenty again, what would you do differently with your life?
I would have gone back to school while I only had one child, instead of four. I would have saved for our dream home, not gone into massive debt to get it.

>What would your girls' names have been if they were boys, and what would Lukey's name have been if he had been a girl?
Carter was the boy's name forever, but after Josh's brother died we changed it to Luke to honor him. Sydney was Luke's girl name...and will still be the name of choice for the next girl.

>Were you born into the church or did you come to it as an adult?
I was raised Catholic. While I went through the routine and did all the classes, I still had many questions. In our home, we went to church and CCD, but nothing more. I never read the Bible or prayed. Growing up (from teenager on), in Utah, you can't help but be surrounded by the LDS faith. In the beginning, I met some very mean LDS people and that put a bitter taste in my mouth, for many, many years. After meeting my husband and getting married, I saw what the LDS faith is really about. When we moved to his family's town, I began going to church when I had Sunday off. That ward felt like home. Going every Sunday was like seeing family. I have never felt more welcomed or loved in my life. As I studied and prayed, I realized that this is the lifestyle that I wanted my children to have. I want them to be modest and obedient. I want them to treat their bodies with respect. While I don't understand everything (who does?), what I do understand, I believe. More importantly, I feel that this is the way I want to live my life. Do I judge anyone that doesn't believe what I do? Absolutely not. But I also expect the same respect in return.

>What one moment in your life defines who you are?
Can any one moment define a person? If I had to narrow it down, I would say the moment we were Sealed together as a family. What an absolutely beautiful feeling that was. What an enormous responsibility, I chose to accept.

>If you could chose how you were to die, what would it be?
Ever seen "The Notebook"? Minus the Alzheimer's.

>What actor really does it for you?
Vin Diesel. But only when he's in a movie. You ever seen him interview? He's kind of a moron. He was definetly made to be seen, and not heard.

>What one thing do you want to be remembered for?
Always being there when someone was in need.

>Do you believe de ja vu means anything?
No. But, it's creepy.

>Can you lick your elbow?
No, I can't. And yes, I just tried!

>Best book you have ever read?
"My Sister's Keeper" by Jodi Picoult

>Favorite band, group, or singer?
I don't really have favorites. But, after seeing Trace Adkins in concert...in row 9..I'd go again. And again. And again. Grrr!

>If you could have a super power what would it be?
I'd like to be able to change the flavor of food. This way, I can eat just fish and veggies and salad, but taste french fries and cheeseburgers and tartar sauce!

>What is the worst movie you have ever watched?
As of now...I Am Legend. What a waste of time.

16 comments:

Shalene said...

Hi! Saw your comment in my shout box, just as I was getting ready to shut down the computer for the night. Thanks for stopping by. I haven't stopped by in awhile either. Sorry about that. I'll try to stop by again soon. (I'm glad that it wasn't because I said something on my blog that offended you. I was a little afraid that might have been it, even if I didn't know what that something might have been.) :) Talk to you later. Blessings to you and the family!

TheVasquez3 said...

THIS was a whole lot of fun to read. i love learning new bits and pieces about you!

Sniz said...

Thanks for the thoughtful responses, LeeAnn. You're a cool, well-rounded person. I checked out that flag thing...can you say angry? I would have to say I'm not tolerant at all about ILLEGAL immigration. That burns me up.

Anonymous said...

The shower is over so I took some time to catch up. Do you realize you started this somewhere around 7/26/07? Cool huh? That was the day I received the email telling me about your blog. I love the pictures and the comments about the most fantastic grandkids anyone could ever have. You do such an awesome job, I am very proud of you. And yes right now I am very afraid of dying, as I get sicker and in more pain I hope that I will just welcome it. Love ya Mom

bequi said...

I like learning about people, too. This would be a way better survey han those lame ones on MySpace. Psht.

kellyo75 said...

I loved learning all these cool things about you. I love the soundtrack. Some of my favorite songs!

Kelly said...

People came up with great questions. I too fell for my hubby while at a haunted house thing, and i love your superpower idea! That is fantastic!

common mom said...

Lots of fun to read! My Sister's Keeper - oh man, what a book!

Growing up Catholic . . . I, am a recovering Catholic. However, unlike you, I still have not found my way . . . this makes me very sad for my children.

Scrapbooking - hear ya! I'm a year behind on each of my kids' albums. You and I need to get together. Wanna come play in Breckenridge in a couple weekends? Me and the girls are scrappin' at a condo for 3 whole days - well, and enjoying the hot tub every now and then.

Pam said...

Those were great answers! Wow! I cried at your answer to the questions you would ask if you knew you would get an honest answer. You are amazing and I am just so glad to know this part of you!

Stacy said...

Congrats on your 300th post! What a fun idea to celebrate!

katie said...

My Sister's Keeper = very good
I Am Legend = hated it.

Livros e Revistas said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Annie said...

Italy? Good news, I'm not a big art person either, but, I know 2 people who know Italy VERY well (my husband and I both served missions there, and NO we did not meet on our missions). I would love to go back, in fact I am dying to go back!! Maybe we could tag along with you one day:) Your superpower idea is fablous! I may choose fry sauce over tartar though!!! You are one amazing woman!
Thanks for sharing.

Crystal said...

You are awesome Leeann. Thank you for humoring me and answering all my questions. I've already read this post several times. Your the best!!

Amy said...

Wow I'm loving all the info! I wish I would have submitted a question, too! oh well, I do have to say though, I hope I wasn't one of the people that was rude to you in high school. I am fully aware of my snotiness at that time!

mickey said...

Wow 300 posts! I am sitting at 93 and will celebrate my first 100! I am so glad I introduced you to blogger, it was me, wasn't it?

You are amazing and I would love to share a neighboorhood with you again.

Keep up the good work and I'll try ot keep up!